6 replies to this topic

#1 johnopaulo

johnopaulo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

HI folks,

I am tearing my hair out with this one. I have put in a new clutch and concentric valve cylinder in my 55 plate ford ka Also brand new clutch cylinder behind clutch pedal. I even bought a brand new clutch pipe from gearbox to cylinder from ford. Absolutely everything has been changed on this system.

The dilemma is bleeding the clutch. I get clutch pressure after bleeding but as soon as the car moves I loose it. EVERYTIME! I have pressure bled litres of clutch fluid through this system each time I get air out no problem. I I have manual bled it and each time I get air out. But then I loose the clutch pressure as soon as I move off.

I have asked the local garage...they said that I have done everything they would have done.

I have asked ford...they say I have changed everything out they would have recomended.

The both say it should bleed....YOU DONY SAY!!!

Any help would really be appreciated on this one

Cheers

Paul

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 hendrix

hendrix

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion uk

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

hate to be bearer of bad news but could one of the new parts be deffective.just because there new dont mean they work. thats the risk with changing a whole system you lose any point of refrence to what could be wrong. sorry this doesnt help good luck mate.

#3 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Hendrix has a point.

Have you tried reverse bleeding? Pump the fluid up the bleed nipple instead of bleeding it out of it.

Also are you sure you put the new clutch in the right way? ;)

#4 johnopaulo

johnopaulo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I would hate to think that the concentric was faulty. The clutch was fitted exactly the way the old one came out. And bseides f it wasnt, I would not get a clutch at all, which is the annoying part. I get a clutch and keep the clutch pressure if i dont move the car. I mean i could bleed it and it would maintain pressure for as long as the car is sitting idle. It only goes when i move the car....strange or what???

cheers

Paul

P.S might change it all for a manual clutch.

#5 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Am afraid you've got me stumped on that one :blink: Lol. Not came across that before...

Does it get a bite?

#6 johnopaulo

johnopaulo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

Yep. IT gets a good bite. There is plenty of resistence and then i select first gear and drive off and then I loose pressure.

IS it me ... or is this friggin thing possessed.

Cheers

Paul

#7 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Strange... Lol

A would try reverse bleeding it see if that helps, you never no. Apart from that am out of ideas the now :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)