2 replies to this topic

#1 grumfuttock

grumfuttock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Maverick

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Perhaps some one could shed light on a problem I have with a Maverick V6
Bought this to replace the Maverick 2L when we bought a larger caravan. On the first trip out 340 miles 15 miles from home lost drive. Ford garage checked it and no leaks, topped up the box and have had no problems with is during last 2 months. Been told if wanting to tow with it again it would need an oil cooler fitted. Does this fit the gear box or the engine? Where do you get one and is it easy to fit.
It's great to drive but when towing fuel consumption is :angry: Considering fitting LPG kit anyone any experience of this. Car done 100000 miles but is minted, even MOT tester wanted to buy it!! So if I can cure the overheating problem and reduce the fuel running costs I will keep it.
Any one any ideas

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Name: KEVIN
  • Ford Model: Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport
  • Year: 2014

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

My mum use to have a Maverick V6 in Champagne Silver lovely car I liked the column gear selector very USA she had it for about five years. She loved it she cryed when it was part exchanged for a Land Rover Freelander 2 GS I think she got £5000 for it. I have got it's predecessor a Ford Kuga. :rolleyes: P.S. sorry to hear about your gear box hope you get it sorted. ^_^

#3 axle

axle

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Ford Model: maverick
  • Year: 2003

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi, lost drive would be the gearbox that needs the cooler not the engine, i've had lpg cars for 17/18 years and they all run hotter so make sure you fit the cooler first.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users