Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Top Speed Of The 1.6 116Ps Tdci Mk3 Focus

james_60

Hi Folks

What is the top speed of my car

On Private land i got it up to 116 mph but it wont go any faster ?

Any ideas appreciated

It has done 6000 miles

Jamie

bear in mind the speedo gives a lower reading so its more like 111 or 112

The speed was 116 on the satnav (to get an accurate figure)

is there something wrong with my car

Jamie

The speed was 116 on the satnav (to get an accurate figure)

is there something wrong with my car

Jamie

No, it just needs a few more k on the clock, it's not loosened up yet.

thanks stormin much appreciated.

also will bp ultimate diesel/shell v power diesel make any difference coupled with millers diesel sport/eco

Jamie

Shell may give 1or2 extra horses the top speed is an estimate since everycar isnt built exact for example my ti vct is stated as 115bhp and was dynod at 121.1bhp with just the kandn panel filter some have 120.9 119.6 its all down to tolerances when the engine was built some have more bhp usualy and some a tad less so when the engine loosens up you should gain that bit extra if you dont it doesnt mean anythings wrong

ok kool

:-)

What type of air filter can i use to increase engine noise and grab a few more horses arthur :-)

Jamie

I've had 118 out of the mark3 1.6tdci no private roads needed due to living on the isle of man (no speed limits on most roads out of town) don't know if it can go to 120 need to find a longer straight or carry more speed through the final corner.

How often will you get it to that speed though? I would have thought you wouldn't get much more than 116mph out of it. It's an engine designed more for economy than outright pace.

Try K&N for an air filter, I was looking on there the other day and there is one for the 1.6TDCI :)

I'm pretty sure that the cars are limited to max 120 anyway.

My work car will go faster but only because it's upgraded to allow it to do so with better shocks, brakes and other tinkering with the engine.

I've had it up past 125 but only a couple of times and only when specifically authorised to do so.

k and n filter or green cotton are the best rated wont increase noise much though for that its an induction kit and with heat soak from the engine you will lose power

I'm pretty sure that the cars are limited to max 120 anyway.

My work car will go faster but only because it's upgraded to allow it to do so with better shocks, brakes and other tinkering with the engine.

I've had it up past 125 but only a couple of times and only when specifically authorised to do so.

+1 mate

Mine is limited to 185Km/h

I used to own a 1.3n/a toyota starlet that done 205Km/h and it would whipp my 1.6TDCi remapped focus.

I'm going back to Old School baby!!

Why are they limited ???

How is this limiter removed or altered

Jamie

Why, Why, Why ???

If you want something fast, don't buy a car designed for good MPG. Perhaps you should have considered a Focus ST or RS ??

Why are they limited ???

How is this limiter removed or altered

Jamie

I think they are limited to make it easier and safer for the law to stop you since its not much over the national speed limits.

But most good tuning company's advertise speed limit removal, most modern cars can be done via the ecu to set the limit to a higher point.

But complete removal may allow the revs to redline which isint good neither so the limit would need to be set to a point that is good for the revs and the engine, which any good tuning company with a dyno rolling road could perform.

I think they are limited to make it easier and safer for the law to stop you since its not much over the national speed limits.

116mph is nearly 66% over the national speed limit and an instant ban if collared.

I once did 150mph on a bike accidently and 125mph in a car on the M25 and nearly pood myself when I realised what I was doing. To be fair I had just done a 5 hour kart race in Kent for charity when I was speeding in my Sylvia Turbo back in the 80's. I thought I was doing the speed limit at the time but had got used to the karts which felt like you were doing 150.

Point is you cant do those speeds on our roads especially as you are so likely to get knicked these days. So what is the point of getting your car do 120mph if you are not a pursuit trained Police Officer in a Police car. Unless your a getaway driver for the local firm.

116mph is nearly 66% over the national speed limit and an instant ban if collared.

I once did 150mph on a bike accidently and 125mph in a car on the M25 and nearly pood myself when I realised what I was doing. To be fair I had just done a 5 hour kart race in Kent for charity when I was speeding in my Sylvia Turbo back in the 80's. I thought I was doing the speed limit at the time but had got used to the karts which felt like you were doing 150.

Point is you cant do those speeds on our roads especially as you are so likely to get knicked these days. So what is the point of getting your car do 120mph if you are not a pursuit trained Police Officer in a Police car. Unless your a getaway driver for the local firm.

Very true. Anything over 100mph here is a ban

I am a pursuit trained Officer and even then I don't take driving at 100+ lightly.

I'm quite happy stooging around at 70-75.

I really wish the speed awareness course was rolled into the driving test.

I really wish the speed awareness course was rolled into the driving test.

I totally agree, four hours of pointing out the reasons why excessive speed is so dangerous would be of great benefit.

I had to do one recently for 40 in a 30 zone, bang to rights with no excuse and I learned a fair bit.

Shame the course is only available if you're caught going too schnell.

sadly guys it wont make a difference they all want to drive fast without a clue or experience my dad made me to a skid pan course and extreme condition course after i passed my test and i learned a lot from it even the speed course shows it has nothing to do with top speed or bhp its weather you can drive smoothly and consistantly and read the road ahead in advance account for conditions and weather and know the limits of youreslf and the car.

at 116mph even a gust of sidewind is enough to lose it

i knew a 18yr old who was bought a bmw e36 by mum and dad 6wks later he and 3 passengers died hitting a tree head on cause taking a bend too fast and inexperience driving especially at speed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club