Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeeky Acceleration

KatePocket

Hiya,

I've noticed that my clutch (i think its my clutch) seems to squeek on acceleration when i am travelling fast (on motorway/dual carriageway) its almost like a wheel spin sound, but thats not what it is.

Any ideas?

Sorry, i didn't really explain that very when, when i change gear and come off the clutch the clutch seems to squeek, it might just be that it needs a bit of oil on it but i wanted to check incase it might be something else that is a common problem.

Sorry, i didn't really explain that very when, when i change gear and come off the clutch the clutch seems to squeek, it might just be that it needs a bit of oil on it but i wanted to check incase it might be something else that is a common problem.

could be the clutch release bearing ,does it stop if you put your foot under the clutch pedal and lift it up slightly ? used to be a fault on the 95 to 2001 models

Its more likely to be the clutch pedal return spring. Common for them to squeak on the focus too.

My mk 6 clutch squeaked, and my new mk 7 does too, on the courtesy check they said they'd fixed it but they hadn't.

My mk 6 clutch squeaked, and my new mk 7 does too, on the courtesy check they said they'd fixed it but they hadn't.

Same on mine, only tends to squeak when the weather is very cold.

(i think its my clutch) seems to squeek on acceleration when i am travelling fast

Any ideas?

Are you sure it's not the belts that's slipping(alternator,fan belts,etc..)? Very common and sounds similar to a screeching tire. A faulty belt roller/tensioner squeaks too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club