eddyjack

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: ed
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4 style
  • Year: 2009

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

can i charge my battery while still in car if so which is best and safest way to do it for my mondeo 1.8 2006 thanks very much for any help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,133 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

The best way is with a battery trickle charger/conditioner.
Something like this one is pretty good-
http://www.halfords....tegoryId_255205

#3 dragonuk2000

dragonuk2000

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 Zetec Estate
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

I unfortunately suffered a flat battery while me and the family were out and about and got informed by the recovery that you cannot jump start a mondeo in the normal way from another running car as it plays hell with the smart charging system so he jumped us from another high power battery and i got home.

Due this information I took mine out and charged it fully with a conditioning charger for the next day although taking the battery out wasnt as easy as my Volvo.

I second the trickle charger comment and Im guessing this wont blow the smart charge curcuit as its a low voltage.

#4 dragonuk2000

dragonuk2000

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 Zetec Estate
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I unfortunately suffered a flat battery while me and the family were out and about and got informed by the recovery that you cannot jump start a mondeo in the normal way from another running car as it plays hell with the smart charging system so he jumped us from another high power battery and i got home.

Due this information I took mine out and charged it fully with a conditioning charger for the next day although taking the battery out wasnt as easy as my Volvo.

I second the trickle charger comment and Im guessing this wont blow the smart charge circuit as its a low voltage.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users