Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charging Battery

eddyjack

can i charge my battery while still in car if so which is best and safest way to do it for my mondeo 1.8 2006 thanks very much for any help

I unfortunately suffered a flat battery while me and the family were out and about and got informed by the recovery that you cannot jump start a mondeo in the normal way from another running car as it plays hell with the smart charging system so he jumped us from another high power battery and i got home.

Due this information I took mine out and charged it fully with a conditioning charger for the next day although taking the battery out wasnt as easy as my Volvo.

I second the trickle charger comment and Im guessing this wont blow the smart charge curcuit as its a low voltage.

I unfortunately suffered a flat battery while me and the family were out and about and got informed by the recovery that you cannot jump start a mondeo in the normal way from another running car as it plays hell with the smart charging system so he jumped us from another high power battery and i got home.

Due this information I took mine out and charged it fully with a conditioning charger for the next day although taking the battery out wasnt as easy as my Volvo.

I second the trickle charger comment and Im guessing this wont blow the smart charge circuit as its a low voltage.