Do Not Sell My Personal Information

61 Plate Zetec S Tdci - Moutune

stephens_0n

The presets aren't for more power, they account for differences in engines, ad they say no 2 engines are the same. They're very easy, just plug and play in 5 mins.

How much would one cost? Being only the 10 or 11+ BHP extra, is it worth the money? (that question all depends on how much it costs)

The gain with tuning box above is 30hp and its £350 there is no mountune version but if you had a custom remap it would cost about £450 for a good one

If it's diesel you'll get 20 - 30bhp nicely, the box is £350 and doesn't give as good a result as the map, that can add around the same, run a little smoother and be tweaked more, they're around the £400 mark but don't go well with warranty :P

• 3 months later...

Yeah, no Mountune for 2013 unfortunately, not until at least late 2013 any way, when I asked they said they were developing the ST Fiesta, Focus and 1.0 Ecoboost engines before the 1.6 TDCi was to be touched.

I would like to add that the MP upgrade is ford approved and like all MP upgrades are applied via odb port.... with that they have the codes to allow to read and write to the ecu.. mountune dont crack the code they are given it by Ford.

MR upgrades void warranty and only way the update to the ecu to be applied it by physically removing the ecu and place it on the bench to enable it to install map.

Personally I have had a MP upgrade and then MR

I asked why they done this and this and the response was ford dont hand out to codes to anyone but also it just makes sure the warranty is void by tampering with the ecu. And this upgrade is physically given to ford to update on thier side for warranty purposes. .. basically if youbhad warranty you wont now.

MT do drag their feet but usually waiting for the upgrade is usually worth it hang in there buddy

Yeh I've only been waiting 2 years and bugging mountune every few months when they are going to make the kit for it and always got the same response they are working on it and I will be made aware when its released so to get a date for it is something I suppose

Yeh I've only been waiting 2 years and bugging mountune every few months when they are going to make the kit for it and always got the same response they are working on it and I will be made aware when its released so to get a date for it is something I suppose

spoke to mountune today and they explained to me its the DPF that is the issue, they cannot create a performance map with a dpf cleaning process built it.

as that purge starts it creates heat and by adding a map that gives more power is not ideal

spoke to mountune today and they explained to me its the DPF that is the issue, they cannot create a performance map with a dpf cleaning process built it.

as that purge starts it creates heat and by adding a map that gives more power is not ideal

You would be better off with a DPF delete (phisically and electronically) this can be done by some (3rd party) tuners, along with a remap and a stainless sports exhaust, warrantee would be void so most people would wait untill it ran out

If more power was required in the meantime a (untraceable) tuning box could be fitted, and removed for servicing etc, this could be sold on (probably would not loose that much money on it ) once you were ready for a DPF delete/ remap etc (usually after the warrantee ran out)

There are ways the tuning box is detectable after its disconnected (by measures the manufacturers have implimented) - but a tuning box, cleverly designed/ set up can get " around this" so it is undetectable after it is disconnected

Can they not offer Dpf removal aswell as the tune as removing the dpf will improve performance aswell

Can they not offer Dpf removal aswell as the tune as removing the dpf will improve performance aswell

MP maybe... but might be more than they'd like to do. MR kit is unlikely if parts have to be removed :/

i doubt there will be anything i would seek elsewhere i am afriad

Plus from what I can tell the previous MK7 upgrade for diesel hasn't really been popular, nor the MK6 so chances are they're not going to bother unfortunately.

i doubt there will be anything i would seek elsewhere i am afriad

Well if you owned a diesel the choices are - 1 leave it standard or 2 - leave it standard and wait indefinately if Mountune is the only way

There is a massive tuning industry out there and Mountune is good (if they do parts/ mods for your car), and keeping the warrantee/ the tie-in with Ford is great and the Mountune mods hold their value, but they can be a bit expensive and for cars out of warrantee or if you want to do a DPF delete done there are many other alternatives rather than Mountune

It's just a bit odd that super chips and rs tuning and many others can remap your car without removing your dpf but mountune need to

It's just a bit odd that super chips and rs tuning and many others can remap your car without removing your dpf but mountune need to

why do you prefer mountune? is it becuase you know there safe?

thats why they operate like this, sometimes it suits and sometimes it doesnt

The reason behind Bluefin and Mountune not doing remaps is because the newer EDC17 ECU's cannot be mapped through the OBD Port like the older EDC15 ECU's. Companies are working on this, but most have to remove the ECU and physically open up the ECU to change some dipswitch settings, new chip etc etc, then they can access it via the OBD.

However they are working on new engines and ECU's all the time, no matter what people introduce to "Anti Tamper" people will always find a way round them!

why do you prefer mountune? is it becuase you know there safe?

thats why they operate like this, sometimes it suits and sometimes it doesnt

It's just the warranty and I don't like the prospect of waiting another year to be able to tune the car a bit

The reason behind Bluefin and Mountune not doing remaps is because the newer EDC17 ECU's cannot be mapped through the OBD Port like the older EDC15 ECU's. Companies are working on this, but most have to remove the ECU and physically open up the ECU to change some dipswitch settings, new chip etc etc, then they can access it via the OBD.

However they are working on new engines and ECU's all the time, no matter what people introduce to "Anti Tamper" people will always find a way round them!

sorry this is incorrect to a point.

if mountune bring out a MP package it can written via the odb port as ford gives them access to read/write via odb port as they approve the upgrade

MR upgrades void warranty and thus ECU needs to be enabled (removed and played with) to enable read/write.

the is same for mp going up to MR it still needs to be removed

other tuners who cant do it via odb port have not cracked the code on the ecu.

for instance the mk2 focus RS

MP350 is odb and collins peformance can do mapping via odb port but collins only gained this not long ago and bluefin has only got it now. the RS has been out for 4 years now.

other tuners remove the ecu still

this fiesta ecu isnt special its just that they have not cracked it... so opening it is the only way

but as the demand for the fiesta is low i wouldnt hold your breath either

mountune do tend to keep a value but once the car is out of 3 year warranty what does a MP upgrade mean?

Hence why i said companies are working on this, and that no matter what people will bring out, people will always find a way around it...

I didnt say every company could do it.

I've spoken to a couple of companies about my TDCi, and got mixed reviews from "We Cant Do It" to "we will once we've had the ECU out", to "any further Remaps can be done via OBD once we've cracked it"

I spoke to mountune a long time ago about mine, and they said it couldn't be done yet. I havent been in contact since though so this will have/appears to have changed.

Hence why i said companies are working on this, and that no matter what people will bring out, people will always find a way around it...

I didnt say every company could do it.

I've spoken to a couple of companies about my TDCi, and got mixed reviews from "We Cant Do It" to "we will once we've had the ECU out", to "any further Remaps can be done via OBD once we've cracked it"

I spoke to mountune a long time ago about mine, and they said it couldn't be done yet. I havent been in contact since though so this will have/appears to have changed.

you based you last comment on mountune cannot do anything with the ecu. thats not simply true. if mountune offer a MP option for ford they allow them access for that ecu wether its cracked or not.

enabling ecu isnt scary aslong they know what they are doing. after all mountune has done the same to mine

I never said they couldn't. I said that

"the newer EDC17 ECU's cannot be mapped through the OBD Port like the older EDC15 ECU's. Companies are working on this, but most have to remove the ECU and physically open up the ECU to change some dipswitch settings, new chip etc etc, then they can access it via the OBD."

which is true for SCC and bluefin by the looks of that youtube clip. They remove it, and enable the OBD Mapping, then put it back in...

However at the time of me asking for a remap/MP options for my TDCi, they (Mountune) said it wasn't possible. I am merely passing on what I've been told in the past, and I am sorry if this is incorrect now. This was almost 2 years ago now