Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Lights Where To Get The Right Bulbs?

Chaddy 18

I have a mk7 fiesta and want some blue headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs , anyone know where i can get them and what type is the best?

I'm pretty sure all blue lights are illegal if your In the uk (not sure if your not) due to emergency vechiles having blue lights

I have a mk7 fiesta and want some blue headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs , anyone know where i can get them and what type is the best?

Do you mean actual blue LEDs that give off a blue light? As yes they are obviously illegal as Sambooka said about the emergency services, Or do you mean performance head light bulbs along the lines of osram cool blue intense? They are manufactured with a blue tint to them, which filters out the yellow to produce a nice clean white like this:

2012-09-01053930.jpg

2012-09-01053623.jpg

bulbs that have the blue tint so as to produce a whiter headlight/sidelight colour are ok (osram cool blue etc) but any bulb that gives out a strong blue light are not street legal.

Internal lights are fine in any colour but nothing that shines on the outside of the vehicle including door handles, wash nozzles, number plates etc.

Blue is strictly for authorised emergency vehicles sorry.

Do you mean actual blue LEDs that give off a blue light? As yes they are obviously illegal as Sambooka said about the emergency services, Or do you mean performance head light bulbs along the lines of osram cool blue intense? They are manufactured with a blue tint to them, which filters out the yellow to produce a nice clean white like this:

2012-09-01053930.jpg

2012-09-01053623.jpg

yes theses ones that you have posted the photo

I am not sure of the fitment of the fiesta bulbs whether they are the same as/different to the focus's, so a fiesta owner can clear this up for you. But on the focus the high beams are H1 and the low beams are H7.

The ones in my photos are the osram cool blue intense, personally I think they are spot on. Other members would argue the likes of philips x-treme vision are better, I've not used philips before so I can't comment on them. End of the day it all comes down to personal preference what brand you go for.

Here are my osram cool blue intense H7:

http://www.ebay.co.u...0948087&afsrc=1

Here's the H1:

http://www.ebay.co.u...1530707&afsrc=1

Check what fitment you need for your fiesta before ordering anything. But as you can see, they have been manufactured with a blue tint to them, this disperses the yellow to produce a clean whiter light.

Clive has also just purchased them himself and has kindly uploaded some videos of them in action on different types of road so you can see how bright they are and how much cleaner they look. Videos can be found here:

http://www.fordowner...ad/page__st__45

Those fitments are correct I am fitting my osram nightbreaker plus main and dipped beam bulbs and Phillips silver tech indicator lamps to detango it

Here is the guide I am using to help me

Those fitments are correct I am fitting my osram nightbreaker plus main and dipped beam bulbs and Phillips silver tech indicator lamps to detango it

Here is the guide I am using to help me

http://www.fordowner...ta-bulb-change/

ok thanks alot ive ordered the bulbs hopefully be here end of the week :)

Ok I'm going to be controversial now and say that I totally can't stand these types of headlights! I find it really distracting when I'm on the motorway at night and I see these flickering headlights with the blueish tint in my wing mirrors as I get paranoid thinking it's coppers coming up from behind.

I don't agree with people modifying standard safety equipment like lights, standards exist for a reason! What benefit do coloured headlights serve to the drivers of these cars? "Normal" lights provide good enough light to see the road ahead without !Removed! off other drivers. Why do people feel the need to be different?

Rant over.

Ok I'm going to be controversial now and say that I totally can't stand these types of headlights! I find it really distracting when I'm on the motorway at night and I see these flickering headlights with the blueish tint in my wing mirrors as I get paranoid thinking it's coppers coming up from behind.

I don't agree with people modifying standard safety equipment like lights, standards exist for a reason! What benefit do coloured headlights serve to the drivers of these cars? "Normal" lights provide good enough light to see the road ahead without !Removed! off other drivers. Why do people feel the need to be different?

Rant over.

You should tell this to BMW Audi Mercedes jaguar and just about every other high end car company who have decided hids are a brilliant idea so you can blind the common foke while you drive past

Rant over.

They don't shine blue at all. They shine a clean white, there is no blue tint to the light that is emitted, if there was then it would be illegal. The standard bulbs that come fitted to a car are useless, they are the bare minimum car makers can get away with. Standard bulbs emit a horrible yellow dull light so on unlit country roads you can barely see where your going n also the yellow light can be tiring. Fitting performance bulbs produces nice clean fresh white light, not blue, the white is easier on the eyes and you can actually see where you are going.

HID and Zenon lights when fitted properly are fine, it's the retrofit kits that are usually not set up properly and give the dazzling strobe effect.

The bulbs like some of us use which have a slight blue tint to the bulbs do not produce blue light but only serves to filter out the yellow portion of the light beam therefore producing a cleaner white light more akin to daylight, (think artists blue bulbs which they use to give a better cleaner light so as to enable seeing pictures in their natural hues).

Bulbs like the Osram Cool Blue and Nightbreakers help to give a more penetrating light which enables easier following of white lines/cats eyes/signs without dazzling other drivers.

Standard bulbs emit a horrible yellow dull light so on unlit country roads you can barely see where your going n also the yellow light can be tiring.

But that horrible yellow dull light doesn't dazzle oncoming motorists at night. Imagine if everyone had bright white led lights, not much fun when you're on a busy motorway at night. As for lighting up the way ahead isn't that what full beam is for, then you dip them for oncoming traffic. Works for most of us.

There not LED.. they are normal headlight bulbs just manufactured with a blue tint, that just filters out the yellow to produce white. And I'm talking about the standard dipped beams too, driving down unlit country roads with them when I bought the car they was useless.

Also, when I'm on a busy motorway, I actually find the standard yellow lights coming towards me dazzling. I'm actually happy when I see a clean white light coming towars me cause it's easier on the eyes..

Each to their own views but I know what works for me.

I don't dazzle anyone and would rather have whites rather than yellow on country roads.

You can't drive everywhere on high beam.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club