Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Installing Rear Parking Sensors To Fiesta Mk7

zahtar

negendahl,

If you can't find a matching set, you can also spray paint them yourself if you happen to have colour coded paint. Just make sure you do this before installing them. This is not ok for every set of sensors so make sure you buy those that can be painted.

I did mine with the touch up kit and from up close they do look a bit sloppy, but from 1m (3ft?) away they look ok.

negendahl,

If you can't find a matching set, you can also spray paint them yourself if you happen to have colour coded paint. Just make sure you do this before installing them. This is not ok for every set of sensors so make sure you buy those that can be painted.

I did mine with the touch up kit and from up close they do look a bit sloppy, but from 1m (3ft?) away they look ok.

I'll look into it, thanks for the reply!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Defo gonna get a set of these, just wondering is there two layers too drill through? Also does anyone know the factory dimensions?

• 3 weeks later...

No it is just one layer of plastic to drill through, the painted part of the bumper.

The dimensions I mentioned in step1, are the safest regarding the car. A technician from an authorised ford service center recommended them. But make sure they comply with the manufacturer of the sensors. Some recommend lower drilling height so you won't lose low obstacles. This is both for safety reasons as well as for functional. If you install them lower than the manufacturer suggests, they might give false posisive detection every time you reverse. And I am sure you don't want that ;)

No it is just one layer of plastic to drill through, the painted part of the bumper.

The dimensions I mentioned in step1, are the safest regarding the car. A technician from an authorised ford service center recommended them. But make sure they comply with the manufacturer of the sensors. Some recommend lower drilling height so you won't lose low obstacles. This is both for safety reasons as well as for functional. If you install them lower than the manufacturer suggests, they might give false posisive detection every time you reverse. And I am sure you don't want that ;)

It's all good, I got them done mate :)

For some reason I can't put a pic up but have a look in the link in my bio thing (just below :) )

Glad it worked out mate! Can't see the pic from the mobile, when back home I'll check it out.

Enjoy!

I know it seems cheap.. but i was looking at this

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/freeshipping-auto-electromagnetic-parking-sensor-no-holes-need-easy-install-parking-radar-Bumper-guard-back-up/395189211.html

Just ordered one, not too much money wasted if it does not work, mostly work hours.

But not to sure about quality for that kind of money! :D

M4rc, they look fine mate!

Negendahl, I had heard of these, but was doubtful. Good thing that you don’t need to drill the bumper, but plz let us know how detection works ;)

Will do!

Currently waiting shipment from China.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the parking sensor, looks alright.

I will try to install it soon.

good to know! keep in mind that you might need to do a bit of spot cleaning since the EM tape is adhesive (see the pics of step 3).

let us know about its responsiveness. good luck!

good to know! keep in mind that you might need to do a bit of spot cleaning since the EM tape is adhesive (see the pics of step 3).

let us know about its responsiveness. good luck!

Yeah, my plan was to remove the bumper, clean it, and then install - maybe give it some duct tape on the back just to make sure it holds.

Will install on Thursday, need my dad's help for something else on the car, he is a mechanic, so i will be able to get it on the lift.

Looking forward :)

/Mick

Decided to do it yesterday, sun was out - lovely! :)

Took off the bumper (following this:

)

Gave the surface a good cleaning, stripe on and then some duct tape over it to hold / keep dirt out, then i did all the wireing, mounted back on the bumper.

Took me a good 2 hours (with some help from my girlfriend, turns out she had fun "fixing the car" with me :D)

Tested and works, so so far I'm a happy man :)

Decided to do it yesterday, sun was out - lovely! :)

Took off the bumper (following this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5wTSly488)

Gave the surface a good cleaning, stripe on and then some duct tape over it to hold / keep dirt out, then i did all the wireing, mounted back on the bumper.

Took me a good 2 hours (with some help from my girlfriend, turns out she had fun "fixing the car" with me :D)

Tested and works, so so far I'm a happy man :)

Has she got a sister?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

good to hear it turned out nice mate! And a really good thing your gf had fun helping with the car!!! enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm..seems like it have stopped working - i just came back from the town yesterday, and when i put the car in reverse it just constantly beeps - like something is right behind it.

Haven't looked more into it as i was a bit busy - just an update :)

Hmm..seems like it have stopped working - i just came back from the town yesterday, and when i put the car in reverse it just constantly beeps - like something is right behind it.

Haven't looked more into it as i was a bit busy - just an update :)

Perhaps the duck tape has peeled off tricking the sensor into thinking an obstruction is present

Perhaps the duck tape has peeled off tricking the sensor into thinking an obstruction is present

Sounds like a possible explanation :) I will check it out during the week, thanks.

That's exactly what I guessed of too!

Keep us posted mate, good luck!

• Like 1

Might just need a quick wipe over. Mine do that occasionally because of dirt

• Like 1

Might just need a quick wipe over. Mine do that occasionally because of dirt

Could be, it is pretty dirty and will get a wash soon :-) will be in touch

It has happened to me as well with dirt. I painted mine with a brush (not paint) and got it too thick on a sensor. When it got dirty it happened to give false positive detections. That happened with rain drops too!

The solution was scratching a bit of the clearcoat of the specific sensor and now it works fine.

If your set is more sensitive to make it work through the bumper (detection distances imply it is) then a dirty bumper could justify the false detection. At least in my opinion...

Lol.. Looked closer found a pice of dried out bird crap, took it off then it seemed to work. Hope that was the problem. I couldn't see any of the tape had loosent, so that was not the problem

Hmmm, it seems bird poo can cause more issues than etching on the paintwork :) good to know its back up and running!

sent from my foolphone using tapatalk! xD

• Like 1