Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Installing Rear Parking Sensors To Fiesta Mk7

zahtar

The problem seems to have returned, sometimes it beeps constantly, sometimes it works fine - pretty strange.

I think i will have to give it a closer look - maybe just the cheap made in china crap that broke :D

/Mick

If it is clean and still comes up with this issue, check the adhesion tape. It will take a lot of beating with moisture etc down there, so give it a look and let us know.

• 8 months later...

Can any expert help please----

One of the sellers of the sensor kits states that CANBUS cars may need a relay fitting. (not supplied with kit)

Does this problem arise for a 2015 Fiesta Ecoboost?.

Or can the control unit be tapped into the reverse light wire?

I don't know what exactly a CANBUS car is, but you could try going to a ford service center and ask that question.

The ecoboost engine is diffrent than the older one, but other than that I think that the rest of the car just had a facelift, so I would expect wiring to be the same. If no member here can answer this, try asking ford. In my case the electrician gave me thorough instructions.

sent from my foolphone using tapatalk! xD

• 1 month later...

That magnetic stripe isn't working out for me - removed it and bought a set of normal sensors.

Have anyone tried to spray paint them?

I tried to match the color but not too sure its a match, so i was thinking i would buy a spray kit from Ford in Midnight Sky, and give them a thin layer of paint - would it effect the sensor reads?

Any advice much apprenticed.

just make sure that the sensors allow to be painted. some do, some don't. The thinner the layer the better, this applies to both paint and clearcoat. I had a problem with false positives from a sensor and after scratching just a little part of the (relatively) thick clearcoat I had applied everything became fine.

You can get the colour code and order it in spray form and of course a spray clearcoat (not sure if ford sells them in spray form). I did it with the touch up brush from the ford touch up kit, that's why I ended up overapplying.

just make sure that the sensors allow to be painted. some do, some don't. The thinner the layer the better, this applies to both paint and clearcoat. I had a problem with false positives from a sensor and after scratching just a little part of the (relatively) thick clearcoat I had applied everything became fine.

You can get the colour code and order it in spray form and of course a spray clearcoat (not sure if ford sells them in spray form). I did it with the touch up brush from the ford touch up kit, that's why I ended up overapplying.

Alright, thank you - i think i will buy the spray! :)

• 4 years later...

Did you have to remove the bumper because with everything out of the way I can't seem to see where the sensors go to for them to be inside the car to to fit into the sensor unit

• 3 months later...

Hi, After reading a few threads on these (I last fitted a set 10 years ago) I gave it a go this morning.

No need to remove bumper, didn't even jack it up. Plenty of access.

The reversing light live is the solid blue wire on a 2014 Fiesta if that helps anyone. I just Scotchlocked onto it. There is a handy earthing bolt right near the light wiring so no need to tap into an earth wire. 

I cable tied the wiring along the underside of the bumper, just make sure its well clear of the exhaust. 

Measurement wise I went with the following: 

Masking tape applied to the bumper where I think they will go.

Make a centre line.

Measure out 21cm to left and right of centre line, a good height looked like 52cm from floor to me.

From these marks I went a further 40cm for the outer sensors, I wish I'd gone a tad further - try 41.5cm I suggest.

Wider spacing would give a wider angle of cover.

I had pre painted and lacquered the sensors, they are a perfect match.

Tested - work a treat. Much easer to get up close when parking in a tight spot. 

On 4/3/2020 at 4:46 PM, Johnmason said:

Did you have to remove the bumper because with everything out of the way I can't seem to see where the sensors go to for them to be inside the car to to fit into the sensor unit

Wow, it is nice to see people are still interested in this! Glad if I could be of help! I didn't have to remove the bumper, but I did reverse on a pair of inclined rails so I could crawl under. Please make sure you are 100% certain how to do this safely! If you take a look at step 3, those are pics from below.

As for marking and wiring, you can go as Rob suggests, or take a look at steps 1 and 5. More or less its the same approach.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Great little tutorial, i got the sweats just before drilling so had a practice on a plastic soft cheese tub and fitted sensor into that to check size and get a feel for the supplied cutter. Felt much more confident after a 2 min practice :) Pilot drilled with a 3mm wood drillbit - the central prong really helps with accuracy and helps prevent spinning off target. Then followed up with the supplied cutter into the pilot hole, starting very steady and then speeding up but NEVER applying more than slight forward pressure. Be patient, dont press hard and you will see how much neater the waste plastic discs are when youre done. Drive Safe