27 replies to this topic

#1 disciple72

disciple72

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.4 Fiesta Zetec 52 reg
Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

Hi all,
I've got a problem with my fezzer and the ECU light has come on. I've got a diagnotic machine borrowed from a friend of a friend and am just wondering where I plug this in. It's a 2002 new shape model.

Thanks all.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hmmm I'm wondering if you don't know where to plug it in, are the codes it might reveal to you going to mean anything to you???

#3 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

Hmmm I'm wondering if you don't know where to plug it in, are the codes it might reveal to you going to mean anything to you???

A little harsh. If you know where to plug it in tell him if not them best not to reply. If he thinks he knows what to do after then let him play.

Sorry I can't help. U googled?

#4 disciple72

disciple72

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Does this mean you know or not?

#5 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

I merely said if they dont know where the plug is then the dtC codes arent going to make jack all sense to them. Would be better to get a professional code read done.

#6 disciple72

disciple72

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

A little harsh. If you know where to plug it in tell him if not them best not to reply. If he thinks he knows what to do after then let him play.

Sorry I can't help. U googled?

Yeh I've googled but not quite sure whether I'm asking the right questions.

#7 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

It should be on the passenger side A pillar in the footwell. Probably have to remove the kick panel or a cover to reveal it.

#8 disciple72

disciple72

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

I merely said if they dont know where the plug is then the dtC codes arent going to make jack all sense to them. Would be better to get a professional code read done.

I thought that once I had the codes I would be able to goggle to find out what the code is. Also, I'm not doing it my father is, he just asked me if I knew where the plug in point was. I just thought I'd save him a bit of time if I had already located it.

#9 disciple72

disciple72

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

It should be on the passenger side A pillar in the footwell. Probably have to remove the kick panel or a cover to reveal it.

Thank you.

#10 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

You're welcome. Still think its a waste of time unless you know what the codes mean, but its upto you mate. Your time.

#11 disciple72

disciple72

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

You're welcome. Still think its a waste of time unless you know what the codes mean, but its upto you mate. Your time.

Not qute sure why you think it's a waste of time, like I said, once I get the error code i'll goggle it to find out what it is. Say it's a lamba sensor then I'll fit a new one and then clear the error code. Better to have a go, it ain't costing me anything, and who knows maybe I'll learn something along the way.

#12 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Not qute sure why you think it's a waste of time, like I said, once I get the error code i'll goggle it to find out what it is. Say it's a lamba sensor then I'll fit a new one and then clear the error code. Better to have a go, it ain't costing me anything, and who knows maybe I'll learn something along the way.

Good for you matey!

#13 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

Good for you matey!

Ok pal you do that. By the way, it took me 1 minute to find the location of the diagnostic port for your fiesta on google. You couldnt manage it. Thats why I think its a waste of time!! Like I said, your time though. You're dealing with a potentially engine threatening fault. You get it wrong and you're going to cost yourself a lot more than a professional code read. But, you carry on. Good luck to you

#14 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Good for you matey!

Ok pal you do that. By the way, it took me 1 minute to find the location of the diagnostic port for your fiesta on google. You couldnt manage it. Thats why I think its a waste of time!! Like I said, your time though. You're dealing with a potentially engine threatening fault. You get it wrong and you're going to cost yourself a lot more than a professional code read. But, you carry on. Good luck to you

I dont like your attitude...

When googling stuff if your excited about things it can easily get over looked, cut him some slack.

#15 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

I dont like your attitude...

Oh well, not really here to please you tbh laddy

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users