#1 Cortexx

Cortexx

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hey All,

My gf's car decided it wanted to spurt coolant all over the engine bay today out of a hose that seems to have broken off something that goes towards the dashboard, at the back of the engine bay, here are some pics to help explain...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone know what part that box is and if it needs replacing or is it fixable?

Many Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,540 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thats the heater control valve. They are known to go brittle after a while and fall apart. Best get one from Fords. They are under £40. You can get cheaper on eBay but some of the after market ones are suspect.

They are easy to change. There are two more hoses connected to the other side of it which go into the heater matrix and there is an electrical connection that runs to the heater control knob that operates the solenoid to open and close the valve which controls the temperature.

#3 agenttech47

agenttech47

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 2000 Plate

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Agreed that is the heater control valve, whilst its off if you have not already may be worth draining and flushing the system to clear it all out. You'll need to make sure you don't have any air locks as well. Also make a note of how and where the pipes fit not sure what happens if you get them the wrong way round!!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users