Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

If the wire was indeed fitted, whereabouts would it be? I took my glovebox out earlier to find a mass of wires going everywhere. There were probably at least 4-5 different bunches of wires taped up going to different places in and around the fusebox. Where exactly would the aux-in wires be if included on my model? Thanks in advance,
Minnis

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,830 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

If you have the wire prefitted the plug on the end will look exactly like this-
Posted Image

There is another wire running to the glovebox area and looks very similar but is the cable to connect a passenger airbag deactivation switch.
The cable for that looks like this-
Posted Image

If you don't have the aux cable then buy this and install yourself, it's straightforward.
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec1f0ea15

#3 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for that. I didn't see either of those two cables anywhere, how annoying.
Also, would installing that wire count as a modification from an insurance point of view? I'm fed up of using an FM transmitter, but I probably couldnt justify the price if I had to declare it. Being a 19yr old male, its quite high already, and they wanted £500 and a £300 increased excess just to upgrade my radio head unit!

#4 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,115 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for that. I didn't see either of those two cables anywhere, how annoying.
Also, would installing that wire count as a modification from an insurance point of view? I'm fed up of using an FM transmitter, but I probably couldnt justify the price if I had to declare it. Being a 19yr old male, its quite high already, and they wanted £500 and a £300 increased excess just to upgrade my radio head unit!

Wouldn't affect your insurance mate.
And the bottom of the glovebox door will allow the audio plug cable to pass through with the glovebox closed.

#5 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Wouldn't effect your insurance mate.

Awesome, thanks :).
Is that it wont affect my insurance at all, or I wouldn't have to declare it? Because even declaring it means I'd have to pay the admin fee, in which case it can wait until I renew my insurance! :P.
Thanks

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,115 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Awesome, thanks :).
Is that it wont affect my insurance at all, or I wouldn't have to declare it? Because even declaring it means I'd have to pay the admin fee, in which case it can wait until I renew my insurance! :P.
Thanks

You wouldn't have to declare it because your just extending a socket from the rear of the existing stereo to the inside of the existing glove box.
The feature is already there when you press the AUX button.

#7 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,830 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Yep. No need to declare.
If and when you go to fit the cable I'll happily talk you through it.

#8 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

You wouldn't have to declare it because your just extending a socket from the rear of the existing stereo to the inside of the existing glove box.
The feature is already there when you press the AUX button.

Ah okay, fair enough :). Thanks :).

Yep. No need to declare.
If and when you go to fit the cable I'll happily talk you through it.

Thanks for the offer :). It will most definitely be a case of when. After fitting parking sensors, I've got the urge to modify my car more now!

Thanks to all :)

#9 k13r4n

k13r4n

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts
  • Name: kieran
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Metal

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hey minnis I have both in my car aux was in already had to get cable for wanted 25 quid for it and I put rear sensors in a defo must I think and I have the same urge and I'm wanting to get xenons fitted but that will cost a bomb though and these guys seem pretty clued up good bunch and their keen to help others so bite their hand off if they offer it coz if they had sense they could charge for it :-P

#10 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hey minnis I have both in my car aux was in already had to get cable for wanted 25 quid for it and I put rear sensors in a defo must I think and I have the same urge and I'm wanting to get xenons fitted but that will cost a bomb though and these guys seem pretty clued up good bunch and their keen to help others so bite their hand off if they offer it coz if they had sense they could charge for it :-P

Lucky! I couldn't find the cables anywhere. Will get around to doing this when I fin the time/money lol. I also want to put bulbs in the footwells. I think I found the drivers side one but couldn't find the passenger one :(. I'm thinking a nice red glow... :).
Yeah, xenons would be nice. I'd like DRLs and the twin reverse light too - at night, when I reverse onto my drive I can barely see! Need one each side and super bright bulbs too :). And I'd like to kit my car out with the 'custom laser cut parts' in Lenny's sig... but everything costs too much lol! Especially for an unemployed student.

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,115 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Lucky! I couldn't find the cables anywhere. Will get around to doing this when I fin the time/money lol. I also want to put bulbs in the footwells. I think I found the drivers side one but couldn't find the passenger one :(. I'm thinking a nice red glow... :).
Yeah, xenons would be nice. I'd like DRLs and the twin reverse light too - at night, when I reverse onto my drive I can barely see! Need one each side and super bright bulbs too :). And I'd like to kit my car out with the 'custom laser cut parts' in Lenny's sig... but everything costs too much lol! Especially for an unemployed student.

Thanks for the comments mate,
I don't drink or smoke or play consoles, I just mod my focus sounds like a pleasent hobby?
Well it is, buts its more addictive than any of the 3 previously mentioned ways to unwind.
So I just thought id warn you mate, and I know others on here will agree with me on how addictive it can be.
Some mods are cheap and very effective such as the guide to fitting front&rear footwell lighting, costs less than 30 pounds and lasts forever.
Also the DRL's are a good modification that can reduce your insurance costs depending on the insurance provider.

#12 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Kenny I'm the same don't drink smoke but I am an avid gamer when the Mrs let's me and the small mods do seem adictive just dont have the money to do it

#13 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Sorry ment lenny predictive txt on the phone

#14 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yup, I'm the same. Don't drink, don't smoke etc. My only hobbies are music and Motorsport, and now modding my focus. All three are very expensive!

#15 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,830 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I drink very rarely, smoke like a chimney, work long hours, play PC games and still have time for the forum and modding my car.
Certainly doesn't leave me any time to get bored.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users