Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Aux In Behind Glovebox

minnis

The full kit will not come with removal keys.

TBH the Ford cable is expensive for what it does and is prone to bad contact alignment.

You're better off with a cable that has a 3.5 plug on the end, you can run it to wherever you choose, no holes to drill and more efficient (plus you get the correct keys with it).-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=360898168857

No need to disconnect the radio quadlock at all, just pull the radio forward and plug the cable into the spare socket.

ok so i ordered that lead you said would be easier and it arrived today just wondering do you recommend anywhere to put it for convience and how do i get it back out after i put the radio back in where does it come out of?

I used to have my cable coming out from under the demister switch panel so it was central and accessible.

Since fitting an upgraded centre console I extended the cable to come out in the armrest storage tray.

Some have brought the cable out of one of the centre air vents and some bring the cable out inside the glovebox.

The easiest way to ensure you can pull the cable out to full length is to tape some string (strong patacord is best) to the cable so you can guide it through from wherever you choise to position it.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Yea i like the plan off making it come out, just below the demister button but how did u get the lead down there?

If you remove the radio fascia you will see the two screws holding the switch panel in place.

Just loosen the screws and slide the cable down behind.

I have been at this stupid radio all day i got one side of it out the side closest to the wheel. i think the clips are broke on the left side as it is not budging i am using the right removal tools and they just wont clip when i put them in, they just slide in and out like theres nothing for them to clip to, any other ideas how i could get this radio out? I have had it out before with the same removal tools it just wont budge now been at it all day

Steak knives instead of the keys or push firmly on the side of the radio that is stuck to release pressure on the claws as you insert the keys.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring up a very old thread!

I have removed the head unit to fit the following cable 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360898168857?rmvSB=true

Only to find that all the ports in the quad lock adaptor are full, does this mean I already have an AUX cable fitted and just need to dig a bit further in the back of the glovebox?

Any help would be much appreciated but if this thread is dead and buried then fair enough!