Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Aux In Behind Glovebox

minnis

If the wire was indeed fitted, whereabouts would it be? I took my glovebox out earlier to find a mass of wires going everywhere. There were probably at least 4-5 different bunches of wires taped up going to different places in and around the fusebox. Where exactly would the aux-in wires be if included on my model? Thanks in advance,

Minnis

If you have the wire prefitted the plug on the end will look exactly like this-

aux2.jpg

There is another wire running to the glovebox area and looks very similar but is the cable to connect a passenger airbag deactivation switch.

The cable for that looks like this-

cables4.jpg

If you don't have the aux cable then buy this and install yourself, it's straightforward.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUINE-FORD-AUX-INPUT-FOR-MP3-iPOD-ADAPTOR-KIT-fiesta-focus-mondeo-1426121-/200822286869?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ec1f0ea15

Thanks for that. I didn't see either of those two cables anywhere, how annoying.

Also, would installing that wire count as a modification from an insurance point of view? I'm fed up of using an FM transmitter, but I probably couldnt justify the price if I had to declare it. Being a 19yr old male, its quite high already, and they wanted £500 and a £300 increased excess just to upgrade my radio head unit!

Thanks for that. I didn't see either of those two cables anywhere, how annoying.

Also, would installing that wire count as a modification from an insurance point of view? I'm fed up of using an FM transmitter, but I probably couldnt justify the price if I had to declare it. Being a 19yr old male, its quite high already, and they wanted £500 and a £300 increased excess just to upgrade my radio head unit!

Wouldn't affect your insurance mate.

And the bottom of the glovebox door will allow the audio plug cable to pass through with the glovebox closed.

Wouldn't effect your insurance mate.

Awesome, thanks :).

Is that it wont affect my insurance at all, or I wouldn't have to declare it? Because even declaring it means I'd have to pay the admin fee, in which case it can wait until I renew my insurance! :P.

Thanks

Awesome, thanks :).

Is that it wont affect my insurance at all, or I wouldn't have to declare it? Because even declaring it means I'd have to pay the admin fee, in which case it can wait until I renew my insurance! :P.

Thanks

You wouldn't have to declare it because your just extending a socket from the rear of the existing stereo to the inside of the existing glove box.

The feature is already there when you press the AUX button.

Yep. No need to declare.

If and when you go to fit the cable I'll happily talk you through it.

You wouldn't have to declare it because your just extending a socket from the rear of the existing stereo to the inside of the existing glove box.

The feature is already there when you press the AUX button.

Ah okay, fair enough :). Thanks :).

Yep. No need to declare.

If and when you go to fit the cable I'll happily talk you through it.

Thanks for the offer :). It will most definitely be a case of when. After fitting parking sensors, I've got the urge to modify my car more now!

Thanks to all :)

Hey minnis I have both in my car aux was in already had to get cable for wanted 25 quid for it and I put rear sensors in a defo must I think and I have the same urge and I'm wanting to get xenons fitted but that will cost a bomb though and these guys seem pretty clued up good bunch and their keen to help others so bite their hand off if they offer it coz if they had sense they could charge for it :-P

Hey minnis I have both in my car aux was in already had to get cable for wanted 25 quid for it and I put rear sensors in a defo must I think and I have the same urge and I'm wanting to get xenons fitted but that will cost a bomb though and these guys seem pretty clued up good bunch and their keen to help others so bite their hand off if they offer it coz if they had sense they could charge for it :-P

Lucky! I couldn't find the cables anywhere. Will get around to doing this when I fin the time/money lol. I also want to put bulbs in the footwells. I think I found the drivers side one but couldn't find the passenger one :(. I'm thinking a nice red glow... :).

Yeah, xenons would be nice. I'd like DRLs and the twin reverse light too - at night, when I reverse onto my drive I can barely see! Need one each side and super bright bulbs too :). And I'd like to kit my car out with the 'custom laser cut parts' in Lenny's sig... but everything costs too much lol! Especially for an unemployed student.

Lucky! I couldn't find the cables anywhere. Will get around to doing this when I fin the time/money lol. I also want to put bulbs in the footwells. I think I found the drivers side one but couldn't find the passenger one :(. I'm thinking a nice red glow... :).

Yeah, xenons would be nice. I'd like DRLs and the twin reverse light too - at night, when I reverse onto my drive I can barely see! Need one each side and super bright bulbs too :). And I'd like to kit my car out with the 'custom laser cut parts' in Lenny's sig... but everything costs too much lol! Especially for an unemployed student.

Thanks for the comments mate,

I don't drink or smoke or play consoles, I just mod my focus sounds like a pleasent hobby?

Well it is, buts its more addictive than any of the 3 previously mentioned ways to unwind.

So I just thought id warn you mate, and I know others on here will agree with me on how addictive it can be.

Some mods are cheap and very effective such as the guide to fitting front&rear footwell lighting, costs less than 30 pounds and lasts forever.

Also the DRL's are a good modification that can reduce your insurance costs depending on the insurance provider.

Kenny I'm the same don't drink smoke but I am an avid gamer when the Mrs let's me and the small mods do seem adictive just dont have the money to do it

Yup, I'm the same. Don't drink, don't smoke etc. My only hobbies are music and Motorsport, and now modding my focus. All three are very expensive!

I drink very rarely, smoke like a chimney, work long hours, play PC games and still have time for the forum and modding my car.

Certainly doesn't leave me any time to get bored.

• Like 1

I don't smoke (filthy habit <_< ;)), rarely drink, don't even own a games console n the last thing i played was a ps2 :o

So since buying the car it has become my main hobby. Although like I've said many times before, I had never planned to do anything to it.

Stumbled across this forum in search of advice on my bonnet not opening. N now I'm forever planning the next mod n already racked up a lengthy mods list with many more planned and on the way.

My Missus holds this forum solely responsible for all the grief n neglect inflicted on her due to me being outside constantly taking the car apart n wiring more things in.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what is the difference between this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUINE-FORD-AUX-INPUT-FOR-MP3-iPOD-ADAPTOR-KIT-fiesta-focus-mondeo-1426121-/200822286869?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ec1f0ea15&clk_rvr_id=425540301215&afsrc=1

the connects2 aux in cable that i know a lot of people have used, and this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Aux-IN-Input-Adapter-Phono/dp/B0057VXDPQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1

obviously the amazon one is by far the cheapest, but i'd need a phono-3.5mm cable.

Do the genuine ford and connects2 cables both have the sockets (so you plug in an additional cable), or does the lead just hang out?

I can't seem to get my head around such a massive price difference.

Thanks in advance!

The Ford kit connects to the loom the same way as the amazon one but goes to a socket that needs drilling and fitting to the glovebox, they can have a habit of having a crap contact due to internal movement of the socket.

The second one is a good idea as it can be much easier to run a cable out from under the demister panel on the dash which puts the cable in more practical position and saves a lot of work.

Obviously you need this to complete the second part-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5m-3-5mm-Jack-to-2-x-RCA-Phono-Audio-Cable-Gold-Lead-/160600769096?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item25648d4248

I used one of these and never had a problem with it-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-6000CD-AUX-in-to-3-5mm-Jack-24-220-3-5-/300471701053?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item45f5824e3d

I use it to plug into a 12v socket iPod charger/controller so the wiring position is very practical for me-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Griffin-AutoPilot-Charge-control-play-your-iPhone-ipod-6189-AUTOPLTB-/380521556086?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_FM_Transmitters&hash=item5898da2876

Thanks for that.

Do any of these give the ability to skip tracks etc by the steering wheel control? I very rarely use it on CDs, but its still nice to know its there.

Unfortunately the aux connection has no remote settings.

The iPod controller has direct play/pause/ff/rew/previous and next track on it and once a selected album has finished will automatically go to random play.

Thanks for such quick replies.

Thought as much. It doesn't bother me that much as most journeys I'll have my gf in the passenger seat to change tracks. Just would have been a nice bonus!

• 1 year later...

If you have the wire prefitted the plug on the end will look exactly like this-

aux2.jpg

There is another wire running to the glovebox area and looks very similar but is the cable to connect a passenger airbag deactivation switch.

The cable for that looks like this-

cables4.jpg

If you don't have the aux cable then buy this and install yourself, it's straightforward.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUINE-FORD-AUX-INPUT-FOR-MP3-iPOD-ADAPTOR-KIT-fiesta-focus-mondeo-1426121-/200822286869?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ec1f0ea15

Hi there im adding aux to my ford focus and i took the glove box out and i noticed it does have this cable it was just taped to the top not plugged into anything can you tell me what i get to plug into this?

If you definitely have the aux cable (as per my first picture with 4 pins) then you need the aux socket end.

I'm not at my PC until morning but I'll pull up the part code for you then.

If you have the cable but no socket the part (Finis) number is 1310208 and about £5.

If you don't have the socket or cable then the Finis number is 1426121 and about £20.

All available from your friendly neighbourhood Ford parts counter.

Was just looking at the photos you posted off the aux cable and the airbag one im afraid i only have the airbag one, if i order the socket and cable from ford do i get the radio removal keys as well? and does it still go in the glove box and is there a way to pass it into the glove box from behind the radio?