Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

top banana

Hi

My mate is getting a pre reg Fiesta 1.2 Zetec tomorrow and can someone please answer the following question.

Does the engine have a plastic cover over the engine - as there are bolt holes on top of engine but no cover.

Also should there be a plastic undercover shield on bottom of engine?

Cheers mateys!

Nope - as far as I know the engine cover was dropped altogether on the Mk7 in 2008. The old cover on the Mk6 (same engine) has all sorts of pipework connected to it which is rerouted on the Mk7 to eliminate the cover.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure about the underneath cover as I haven't looked but probably another cost saving!

I asked the same question a while ago for mine, Apparently it does with the bigger spec engines. Mine came straight out the factory with out them :/

Nope - as far as I know the engine cover was dropped altogether on the Mk7 in 2008. The old cover on the Mk6 (same engine) has all sorts of pipework connected to it which is rerouted on the Mk7 to eliminate the cover.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure about the underneath cover as I haven't looked but probably another cost saving!

Hope not my mk7 zs march 2011 built came with the cover straight from the factory but from what I gather its a bit hit and miss

Our 1.25 Mk7 doesn't have an engine cover... I think the bigger engines did, but as said above even that was a bit hit & miss.

Only te 1.6 Tdci comes with the engine cover and the underneath tray

Only te 1.6 Tdci comes with the engine cover and the underneath tray

But not every 1.6TDCi comes with a cover

Every 1.6 TDCi should come with a cover though >_>

Every 1.6 TDCi should come with a cover though >_>

Says who? :P

Says who? :P

Everyone with the exception of Ford I think >_>

My new 1.6 Mk 7 TDCI didn't have a cover, neither has my 1.4 petrol. What I have noticed though is that there is a lower 'skirt' under the front bumper on the petrol model as I keep catching it on raised humps etc. This didn't happen on the diesel car.

Only the 95bhp 1.6Tdci have these covers fitted :)

Only the 95bhp 1.6Tdci have these covers fitted :)

Again, not all of them do!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club