Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Can't Touch The Android.. Help!!

Brigante

nothings ever simple mate, downloading the cooper file, it is a text file not a .ops file, even though it's called Cooper_v1.0.ops so therefor i can't load it into the odin as it's not an ops file

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Preee

• Stoney871

• k13r4n

also, does my phone need to be turned on, off, or in download mode etc? or doesnt it matter

You downloaded the 5830I firmware, from Sammobile , thats the firmware it will install, all the guide is showing is the basic steps needed.

The Cooper V1.0.OPS is a required file for ODIN

You follow Step A , missing out Step B

Click on the Cooper.OPS text in the guide , and use the Password to unlock mediafire download , password is also in the guide

I know mate this is what i'm doing

i've got the odin from the guide, i've got the relevant firmware from sammobile, i've followed the steps in the guide n i'm ready to do it. but the download of the cooper file appears to be wrong as it downloads as a .txt file, not a .ops file so i can not load it into odin

i've used the password also

It downloaded as an OPS file for me , all i did then was rightclick on it and UNLOCK it under properties as its a windows Shell file

Thats your problem you should not open it , just download it.

I have added it to a zip file above

that was default as i clicked download mate, but then if i change it to save file it still saves as .txt

thanks for the zip

getting there now

After all this is may still be broke lol , if it is , when you send it back , if they replace it ask them if you can have the broken one , send it to me so i can stamp on it several time's lmao

i think something really doesnt want me to have a phone now..

i've downloaded the odin from the guide, i have the correct tar file, i now have the cooper

i configured everything as in the guide, then the second i add the tar file, this happens:

odin2.jpg

i open odin again, do it all again, load the tar file n this happens:

odin3.jpg

had to use task manager to close odin

i'm really sorry about all this Paul mate honestly

you must be as frustrated as me

if i manage to get all this working, only for it to still be broken, i will personally deliver it to you myself n also provide you with a sledge hammer n chainsaw

Maybe you need to reboot free up memory , you did follow the guide about when to turn phone off and put it into download mode?

yes mate. you mean reboot my laptop? i'll do that now

Odin has to be started before you connect the phone

Goto www.teamviewer.com , download and install the windows version as personal use , then open it and then PM me your ID and Password , it is a remote assistance viewer save a little time.

will do that now. could the tar file from sammobile be wrong? i havent even connected the phone to the laptop yet. i open odin, tick the relevant boxes, open the cooper file, by opening the cooper file this unticks the one package button, so i tick it again and open the tar file. as soon as i open the tar, odin crashes

in process of doing so

do i select the default option of 'no' when setting up?

Not installed it for a while , just need to be for personal use

it asks 'do you later want to remote access the computer you are installing teamviewer on at the moment?'

default answer is no, n it says it will generate a random password that i'd tell you, n it changes everytime i open teamviewer

or if i do yes, i set a predefined password for my laptop so i can access it from anywhere.

just leave it as no?

Nice one for all your help tonight mate. Your a true diamond ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club