Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

wiped cache, do i just turn it off now then turn back off as normal?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Select the reboot option and press menu button , did you press the menu button after you selected wipe cacache?

#18 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

yes it says cache wipe complete, gonna reboot now

#19 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

right, cache wiped, rebooted, and its back to the touch the android screen. still can't touch it, n touching the 4 corners still dont work either.

gonna attempt factory reset now

#20 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Ok let me know how it goes

#21 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

factory reset complete, still the same result. does it matter if the simcard is or isn't in?

#22 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

i don't think it matter's TBH , sounds like a Hardware fault , the only other option now would be to Use ODIN and reflash the Firmware.

You did try and take battery out for a few minutes ?

#23 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

trying to get into download menu by holding volume down button, home n power button then releasing power button on samsung logo, but it doesn't work, so i can't put in download menu to connect the phone to kies, if i put it in the system recovery menu, kies won't detect the phone at all to even try to connect to it.

looking on xda forums theres that many links to odin reflash, how do i know which to use?

is this what i need?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1465599

reading the comments for it, no ones tested it to know if it works or not

#24 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

what program do i need to open the clockwork mod file with? downloaded it but i cant open it

#25 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

It's got to be worth a try if the phone is currently not working, unless its still under warranty and if it is then i would return it.

#26 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

what program do i need to open the clockwork mod file with? downloaded it but i cant open it

Winrar will extract Tar files , inside will be a Zip file , but if you go down this route , then read read read before you do it.

#27 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

when i open the tar file with winrar, it just comes up with recovery.img n wants me to burn the image to a cd.

after explaining the problem to an 'o2 guru' (guru roughly translated meaning useless eejit who speaks little english n doesn't have a clue what they are doing), they went quiet for ages, then left the conversation.

Tried again, explaining to someone else, they asked me for my account details as in remaining air time allowance etc, which i obviously don't know if i can't get into my phone to check, thats the whole problem. so i try logging into my o2, this doesnt work n wont let me log in, n just asks me to reset my account, i reset, but it just keeps going back to the reset page, so i go back to the conversation to tell em this, only to find they have said i've took too long to tell em the info n they've closed the conversation.

Try again, new guru, explained everything, went quiet again for ages, then a message popped up n it said they passing me onto a relevant person who can help.

New guru, this time they don't even say anything, n it just pass's me onto yet another one.

Final guru, explain yet again, they ask if it's still in the first year, i say yes, they ask if i bought it online, I say yes, they say take it to the nearest store where they will replace it. I ask if theres no other way of doing a hard reset or them doing anything with the imei number, cause whenever i've had trouble with previous phones, the first thing asked for every time was the imei number. They say there is nothing they can do without physically holding the phone in their hand n to take it to store for replacement.

So after a few hours of trying to talk to at least 5 different 'gurus' I'm no closer to fixing it.

Taking to a store will be a right !Removed! take as the closest ones are in town, which has just been on tv today that nottingham is the 3rd worst city in the uk for congestion n is basically stand still traffic all the way through.

Was gonna go today but the Missus has been suffering from a severe aura migraine since last night so I've been trying to take care of her.

Also, looking on o2 site, it says if i bought my phone online, i have to phone a customer services to ask them how to send it to them.

So if i drive all the way to town in stand still traffic, n take it to a store, are they then just gonna send me off with my faulty phone n say phone the number?

Gonna try n call it tomorrow but I know i'll be stuck on hold for ages

Sorry for the long rant by the way I'm just obviously very stressed out with not having a phone since monday

#28 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Any ideas why my phone menus are wierd? as in the power n home button do nothing? power, home n vol up do the recovery menu, n i cant access the download menu?

Update: playing about i can access the download menu by holding volume up and down when powering on. but now i'm in download menu, it says downloading... do not turn off target!! even though i'm not downloading anything, is it safe to turn off withing wanging it even more? also, kies still wont connect the phone in download mode

#29 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

done the cwm as in this video

but i don't get what it's supposed to as done as after rebooting, it just takes me back to exactly the same screen n i still can't touch the smegging android

it's gonna be a trip to o2 n someones gonna be getting a samsung galaxy ace embedded in their skull

#30 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

It's still under warranty , remove the Clockwork Mod there should be a remove in the menu , and take it back to the store. Better off getting a replacement or it fixed rather than go any further.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users