• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Laura
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

On Tuesday night I had my rear windscreen smashed (sad face) and yesterday someone came out to fix it. That's all done now, no problem there.

However my boyfriend thinks that there is a part missing where the wiper connects to the car. He thinks there should be some sort of covering over the metal. I think that makes sense that there should be, but I can't remember whether there was one there before the guy fixed the windscreen or not. He asked the guy at the time and he just said no so I left it.

I've done some googling and found a few photos but I can't really tell whether there's anything there or not. The best I found was this: http://0.tqn.com/d/c...a_hatchrear.JPG which looks to me like there should be something black covering the metal. Is that right?

I was wondering whether anybody here would be able to take a close up picture of their rear wiper where it connects to the car, so I can compare to what my car looks like at the moment?

I have a Fiesta 2010 plate but I suppose any 2008+ model would look the same.

If there is some covering missing, what should I do? Is it simple to buy and attach it myself? Is it a problem that it's missing - I'm thinking rust might be an issue?

Any thought would be great

Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 MikePaine

MikePaine

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta S1600
  • Year: 2011

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Nope. Not missing. Was never there :)

#3 Peange

Peange

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec S
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

It should look like this:
Posted Image
There a wee plastic bit that covers the nut that secures it to the car. (RHS of the photo)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users