Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

NayiMac

Led Puddle Lights 501

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just wondering of anyone else has had a problem with 501 LED bulbs not working on the puddle lights? The only place on the car that doesn't like them!

Put them in, gives a slight flicker and they don't come on? Tried the bulb elsewhere on the car and its fine??

Any help would be appreciated as I hate them yellow standard bulbs! :-)

You probably need Canbus LED's

What's the difference with these?

Do they not fade in/out (i.e. are run from a dimmer circuit)? LEDs are either on or off, they don't "do" dimming.

Led bulbs draw a lot less power than a standard incandescent bulb.

Canbus bulbs have a resistor built into them to mimic the resistance load of a standard bulb.

Without the resistance a canbus equipped car will read the bulb as blown and they won't work properly.

Ahhh i see so would these do the trick? Yeah they dim down.