Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sticking Temp Gauge

glyndwr

Hi just wondering if anyone can help , my 2003 mondeo tdci temp gauge sticks halfway i turn engine off stays there , i then tap dash a few times needle will then drop , turn key in ignition needle will bounce straight back to halfway point ,, i phone local ford dealership was told needs new cluster at cost of £435 plus vat and labour ,, any help please im hopeless with these things .

cheers martin

post-37606-0-93350500-1350197032_thumb.j

Hi just wondering if anyone can help , my 2003 mondeo tdci temp gauge sticks halfway i turn engine off stays there , i then tap dash a few times needle will then drop , turn key in ignition needle will bounce straight back to halfway point ,, i phone local ford dealership was told needs new cluster at cost of £435 plus vat and labour ,, any help please im hopeless with these things .

cheers martin

Try performing "Gauge Sweep" a couple of times to free up the needle, maybe dust on it restricting movement.

Gauge sweep can be done by accessing the secret menu on your ford.

Simply push in the button on the top of the wiper stalk while pushing down on the scroll wheel then while pressing these.

Turn the ignition from off to step 2.

Don't start the engine just turn to 2 while buttons pressed and watch for the dial to change.

You can then scroll through settings by pressing enter

Also the gauge panel is coded to the GEM, ECU and ignition so it would require some programming by ford to be compatable with your specific model so buying on from the breakers wouldn't be a straight fit function.

If the gauge persists to lack function, I would consider fitting a "ScangaugeII" and use it to monitor levels instead of a new cluster.

The "ScangaugeII" plugs in to the OBD port in your car and mounts to the dash to display 4 digital readouts at a time chosen by yourself including oil temp, engine temp, exhaust temp, boost, coolant etc. Its backlight colour can also be set to match your existing backlight colour scheme.

i dont have anything on my indicator stalk ,,,i dont have any idea what "ScangaugeIl is i will google now

• 2 weeks later...

scangauge not suitable for my car im told ,, wont work only from 2004 onwards ???? the suggest i try somebody elses to try it first lol

scangauge not suitable for my car im told ,, wont work only from 2004 onwards ???? the suggest i try somebody elses to try it first lol

It may still work mate,

I've saw Mk1 focus with scangauge fitted on focusownersclub.com and fordfocusownersclub.com

The Mk1 is from 1998-2004 Perhaps contact scangauge company directly through their website.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club