• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 callum94

callum94

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5 ghia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

hi im new my names callum i want to know weather you can replace the 14" original alloys with 16" zetec s alloy wheels i have a 1.4 mk5 ghia fiesta ??

thanks callum

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lloyday

Lloyday

Mk7.5 Welshford

• FOC Supporters
  • 206 posts
  • Name: Lloyd
  • Ford Model: Zetec-s
  • Year: 2013

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Prepare for some problems, youll need to buy spacers, have to get lower profile tyres, thats the 50-70 number, may have to go down to 40's or min 45's, if your talking about the mk5 zetec s then the alloys are only 15" and 50 profile tyres will do, the mk6 zs alloys are 16" (mk6 is same model as st) then 40-50 is your best bet, tooo big of a profile will throw your speedo out

#3 callum94

callum94

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5 ghia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

the mk5 five alloys are the one im after will i still need to buy spacers ??

#4 Lloyday

Lloyday

Mk7.5 Welshford

• FOC Supporters
  • 206 posts
  • Name: Lloyd
  • Ford Model: Zetec-s
  • Year: 2013

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Spacers Recommended yes. At the moment I'm getting rubbing from my 15" focus alloys at the front end, tyre is 195/50/R15, I have spacers on the back. I didn't put them on the front because they didn't rub first off (At least I thought they didn't), Front is getting its 40mm drop wednesday so will ask them to put the spacers on during the rebuild. I had 15" on my old saxo, always rubbed when I had back seat passengers.

Spacers are quite cheap on ebay. Anywhere between £5 - £10 for 5mm, That's all you need really, If you want an Idea of what to look for I can tag an image of my spacers if you'd like

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users