Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

callum94

Alloys

4 posts in this topic

hi im new my names callum i want to know weather you can replace the 14" original alloys with 16" zetec s alloy wheels i have a 1.4 mk5 ghia fiesta ??

thanks callum

Prepare for some problems, youll need to buy spacers, have to get lower profile tyres, thats the 50-70 number, may have to go down to 40's or min 45's, if your talking about the mk5 zetec s then the alloys are only 15" and 50 profile tyres will do, the mk6 zs alloys are 16" (mk6 is same model as st) then 40-50 is your best bet, tooo big of a profile will throw your speedo out

the mk5 five alloys are the one im after will i still need to buy spacers ??

Spacers Recommended yes. At the moment I'm getting rubbing from my 15" focus alloys at the front end, tyre is 195/50/R15, I have spacers on the back. I didn't put them on the front because they didn't rub first off (At least I thought they didn't), Front is getting its 40mm drop wednesday so will ask them to put the spacers on during the rebuild. I had 15" on my old saxo, always rubbed when I had back seat passengers.

Spacers are quite cheap on ebay. Anywhere between £5 - £10 for 5mm, That's all you need really, If you want an Idea of what to look for I can tag an image of my spacers if you'd like