Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl

NayiMac

Just a quick one, I have a 60 plate S-max titanium and I've noticed a few other s-max cars have the DRL's on when their headlights are on too? Older and newer than mine too?

But my DLR's switch off when headlights come on? I want mine to stay on!

No you don't, you'll just end up with people continually flashing you, trying to tell you you have your foglamps on.

It gets very tiresome very quickly.

Drl laws are that drl's should switch off when the side lights go on.

That regulation covers all vehicles in pre production or built during the second half of 2011.

On my Focus Mk3 , the DRL reduce by about 50% when side lights come on , as long as you reduce the brightness of the DRL and they do not Dazzle at night time you will stay within the Law.

There are special relays available on eBay that do exactly that , what you looking for search "DRL Relay"

Also Lenny has a guide on one of the relays , all you would need to do is patch into the correct wiring.

A second thought would be to speak to a Ford dealer , as unless they are different DRL fitted to your car, i hazard a bet that they could be controlled via the ECU.

Yeah that's great might look into this then thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club