Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My St / Rs Mk2 Build Up. Project Phenomenal!

Jager King

wow, just wow at the effort you have put in and the results to date. keep it up mate.

• Like 2

Thanks folks :)

When are you going to black wrap it? ;)

Maybe once I'm bored of the orange :D

• Like 1

A RS500 replica would be the pinnacle of a great project.

Just hate to think how much a set of seats with the correct logo on them would run to. :d

• Like 1

What I want to see,is the amount of listed mods on your insurance lol

• Like 1

A RS500 replica would be the pinnacle of a great project.

Just hate to think how much a set of seats with the correct logo on them would run to. :d

There's a fair few already been done, making it rs500 worthy would slash my pockets even more. There's one on gumtree atm.

Correct logo? I've been offered the cheaper seats which would need to be retrimmed but thinking of going down that route anyway to fit in heating elements, shall see.

• Like 1

What I want to see,is the amount of listed mods on your insurance lol

They will be declared, like when I had my glanza v. I insured it as a glanza v, paying 2k+ for insurance when everyone else insured them as a 1.3 starlet..

• Like 1

Will probably just modify my engine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice work on the car so far mate, let us know how you get on fitting the rear RS bumper... Was trying to do mine today but the brackets do not line up correctly with the steel frame you will probably need to drill some new holes :-)

• Like 1

Nah, rear quarter panels were fitted so the bumper went on ok, all that was needed were the bumper support brackets as they were different yet again on the Rs :)

• Like 1

Amazing project and impressive work. Can't wait to see it back from the painters. Not really a fan of the E.O as I prefer the blue colour but to each their own.

Saw one today in the car park in Dundrum, Dublin Ireland. My son Daniel, who is barely 3 goes to be "Dada, that's the Rs Focus!" Nearly brought a tear to my eye :P

• Like 2

Smart kid.

Well trained too it appears :d

Sent from my SM-G900F

• Like 1

Hahaha awesome... I'll try fitting my rear bumper again tomorrow they were about half an inch out with the RS brackets on may just need to stretch it out a bit cheers

:-)

• Like 1

Blue is too common up my way. Plus keeping it E.O was the reason I started this whole thing. It's pretty much finished now, just need to get my suspension fitted, gearbox and driveshafts, also have full interior to fit too, gonna be a busy summer.

RShadow you say they were an inch out, is that either side? Is it normal focus rear quarters your trying to fit the Rs bumper to?

• Like 2

Heya

I was sizing the bumper up before i fitted it so haven't changed the rear quarters yet. The bumper was an inch out on one side, it fits in the two smaller holes that judging by your pic aren't part of the rear quarters. I'm going to drill two new holes no biggie :-) was just wondering how the body shop fitted yours

• Like 1

Yes they both secure same way at the back but will stick out a mile at the sides with the standard rear quarters on, a body shop would have to chop & blend it to fit but don't think that would look too good, you could always buy the arches alone and get them put on to your rear quarters, probably cost the same and would look far better.

Just to give you an idea of how much wider it actually is, I've attached few pictures with the standard suspension still on..

image_zps9bd401eb.jpg

image_zpse9744190.jpg

• Like 3

This is an awesome project!

Quite often when a project like this comes along, you see people say "why not just buy a real RS?" etc. F them!

It's nobody's business but your own what you spend your cash on (untill you get married :lol: ) as long as you enjoy the end result - that's all that matters!

Good effort dude

• Like 4

haha so true Martin! thanks :)

• Like 1

RShadow - what model Focus is yours? why dont you start a build thread too!

Jager King - you better have the car ready for Ford Fair in August!

• Like 1

Are you having the full car sprayed a mk2 RS colour or sticking with orange?

• Like 1

I had the car sprayed electric orange. £1600 for the paint itself but I wanted to keep it orange.

• Like 1

It would have looked sharp in black.

Sent from my SM-G900F

• Like 1