Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My St / Rs Mk2 Build Up. Project Phenomenal!

Jager King

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Neither did I Lenny, the 5 door one looked to be just the same as the zetec spoiler / brake light.

Yes keeping it E.O

• Like 1

The ST spoiler is the same on 3 and 5 door models, the one on the boot you purchased is the standard facelift spoiler painted orange, the previous owner must not have liked the ST one

Nice car btw :)

• Like 1

Nah, this was fitted from the factory. The ST was a LHD.

Maybe they put on a different spoiler in other countries.. I don't know but i used a picture off google to show the exact one in EO fitted with a 5 door ST.

• Like 1

Yes mate, I was going to get the copies too on ebay but was told to buy genuine as the heat deforms them... Have you had any problems with yours? As there is a big difference from £45 to £200 lol

not had a problem with mine at all. i got them from rsparts on the stowners forum but he sells them on eBay too. Not heard of any deforming, I will ask on the other forum. there are carbon ones on eBay btw and someone on the 'other' forum is selling a carbon bonnet - new.

• Like 1

That's good news! I seen carbon ones on there for £99, my friend just bought ones for £199 :(

I might get some from RS parts then. How did you fix them on as I take it they won't have the parts for the clips underneath.

• Like 1

The ST spoiler is the same on 3 and 5 door models, the one on the boot you purchased is the standard facelift spoiler painted orange, the previous owner must not have liked the ST one

Nah, this was fitted from the factory. The ST was a LHD.

Maybe they put on a different spoiler in other countries.. I don't know but i used a picture off google to show the exact one in EO fitted with a 5 door ST.

My focus had a stock black rear spoiler when I bought it, and had no gaps in the spoiler but since fitting the ST/ZetecS rear spoiler my Mpg has dropped by 2mpg must be due to the down force drag of the gaps in the spoiler but I much prefer it to the stock one.

Sorry to have taken slightly off topic but just thought id share my findings.

That's good news! I seen carbon ones on there for £99, my friend just bought ones for £199 :(

I might get some from RS parts then. How did you fix them on as I take it they won't have the parts for the clips underneath.

Steven, I spoke to Nick (RSParts) and he advised that there was a bubling issue due to the heat and they have stopped production for now. He has applied some self adhesive heat refelctive foil on his. I cut my bonnet using a jigsaw and then used Sikaflex sealant to bond mine on. There is a fella on the said forum selling genuine vents for £100 so if you decide on a genuine or a copy bonnet then this could be useful. let me know and i will send you the contact info.

• Like 1

An electric orange RS, that will definitely be a standout vehicle.

Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

• Like 1

Cant wait to see it finished dont forget more pic

• Like 1

My focus had a stock black rear spoiler when I bought it, and had no gaps in the spoiler but since fitting the ST/ZetecS rear spoiler my Mpg has dropped by 2mpg must be due to the down force drag of the gaps in the spoiler but I much prefer it to the stock one.

Sorry to have taken slightly off topic but just thought id share my findings.

Yeah no worries buddy, I dread to think what my mpg will plummet too soon as the arches and RS spoiler is on.

• Like 1

Steven, I spoke to Nick (RSParts) and he advised that there was a bubling issue due to the heat and they have stopped production for now. He has applied some self adhesive heat refelctive foil on his. I cut my bonnet using a jigsaw and then used Sikaflex sealant to bond mine on. There is a fella on the said forum selling genuine vents for £100 so if you decide on a genuine or a copy bonnet then this could be useful. let me know and i will send you the contact info.

Yeah that's what I meant, was told with any of those parts to run a heat gun over them gently to bring out the bubbles first then pop them before primer / painting etc but I have been quite lucky to find mostly genuine parts.

I have contacted said member with the vents buddy! Thanks for that, did you use templates ?

• Like 1

When do you reckon you'll have the car finished by? Do want want it done before or after new year?

• Like 1

It'll be well in to 2013 I reckon.

• Like 1

Steven, yep i usd the templates that were on the guide on the ST forum and had to increase the size of the template to make it fit. i used a drill and made four pilot holes and then a jigsaw to cut the bonnet. took me less than an hour to do.

on eBay there are some copy RS bonnets that you could use if you decide to buy the genuine vents.

copy: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19d52bf403

genuine item: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a65223e86

genuine used: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2322d88f52

• Like 1

Yeah, I seen the used genuine bonnet before, was on an ST but he's obviously sold the vents off it.

Gonna have a crack at modifying my one.

The chap with the genuine vents has just got back to me.

• Like 1

Well i thought i was finished with the road trips... turns out i was wrong..

After comparing doors with a friends RS one night and me being a picky burger :facepalm: :lol: I decided to have a search for facelift ST / RS doors.

Luckily I found some on eBay with the mirrors and door cards at a good price, i negotiated a good deal (as the doors weren't kept in the best condition) then it was off to West Yorkshire to pick them up the next day.

That night, i recieved a message from a lad on here offering me a nearly new RS exhaust with powerflex mounts for next to nothing...

I wasnt going to bother with one untill i had got most of the parts on but he was also in West Yorkshire ( just 14 miles from the doors )

I couldn't turn it down.

A few pics when i got it home.

image45.jpeg

Was bored and decided to give it a freshen up

...after making it clear to Suki that it wasnt her new chew toy!

image47.jpeg

Nearly half way through

image49.jpeg

Tail pipes got some attention too

image53.jpeg

Half way through polishing

image52.jpeg

I then had a look at the doors

image54.jpeg

image57.jpeg

Quickly decided the carbon fibre style decals had to go :)

image56.jpeg

Almost ready to be sent off for some fresh paint ;)

image58.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks good mate. Looking forward to seeing it all come togeather,

Lovely dog too.

Steven, why oh why do you have to go and make me even more envious :P

• Like 1

LoL Sorreee! :D

Got a bit of bad news tonight, the guy that was coming up with the spoiler to sitech racing on the 29th is no longer, wont be back in the UK till the 2nd of November now (army leave) and would need to arrange a courier to send it up to me.

Was offered RS suspension last night but wasn't sure if it will fit?

• Like 1

top work mate exhaust looking good....yes def not a chewing toy

• Like 1

Front Bumper Trims

36D40689-F549-497F-91DD-CFE33AC6F68D-5587-00000582EF80B0F3.jpg

Bonnet Vents

ACAA5B75-AC9F-4483-BF21-02CD319515F4-5587-00000582FC18F891.jpg

F2749534-CF8E-4287-A75F-8079D8BA0D38-5587-0000058308764CF1.jpg

& Clips

8E76CC04-269D-40B6-9411-827008EE5C4F-5587-0000058302F2E03D.jpg

• Like 1

what did you pay for the bumper trims? oem ones cost approx £50 each!

• Like 1

£56.96 for the two plus £5 postage.

I missed out on brand new ones, read that the guy payed £199 from the stealers for them!

• Like 1