Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removal And Refit Of Alternator On Mondeo Tdci

scotchbee

lacking a manual which i cant find anywhere for my 54plate mondeo tdci can anyone give me some advice on removal and refit of the alternator. skint too many knuckles now and kids dont like me swearing for no apparent reason.[they'll learn]

hi there manual to hand and it reads disconnect batery earth,engine cover and alternator upper retaining bolt and remove wire harness support bracket.

Jack up front of car and put axel stands under it remove o/s/f wheel and o/s/f wheelarch liner and o/s/f trackrod/tie rod end for more acces.undo retaining clips for cooling ducts off back of alternator unplug loom to alternator and then undo studs n nuts from block which hold alternator on. hope this is of some help regards pete

Thanks Pete, just back from my hols. Will give it a go when it dries up which will be a while I think!! Will keep you posted.

thanks pete but why did they not just use 2 bolts into the block instead of a !Removed! set pin which means you have to remove the !Removed! pin before you can get it out. GRR! It might be dry enough by monday i hope. Just a a matter of interest wher did you get the manual. cheers

from local auto parts shop,but i use to work in a accident repair shop as parts manager and used fords ecat parts system so i use to estimate damage so a lot of stripping these cars down hence y why i got1 lol