#1 dt7

dt7

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi everyone

Just thought i'd post a few pics of my 'new' car. I picked it up just over a week ago now and I am really pleased with it so far. I have been looking at lots of different posts about little tweaks that can be made here and there to improve styling and looks and would like to ask opinions on a couple of small ideas I am contemplating.

1. Adding 'S' badges to front grille and back boot. If 'S' was to be added to the back, where would the ideal placement be? - Under the Zetec or after the Zetec?

2.The addition of rear parking sensors. Has anybody had any dealings with www.parkingsensors.co.uk ? Basic DPS400 model looks decent for less than a dealership fitting.

3. Modifying the silver bonnet lip trim in some way. Have heard of people suggesting carbon wrapping or painting it the colour of the car. Personally I 'm not sure if carbon wrapping it will sit with the look of the rest of the car. Has anybody painted the silver lip trim colorado red? If so, any pics?

4. I have also seen the dmb gel overlay badges, may fancy red background with silver lettering. Are they the correct size for my model of Focus?

Sorry, if my questions have been answered a thousand times before, but any positive response would be greatly appreciated. I am sure that like minded people will agree that it is the small details, that if you get them right, set your car apart from the rest.

Also, at some stage before winter sets in will be looking into replacing standard bulbs for better, but have seen the different threads on this topic, so will make a choice soon.

Many thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails

• 015.JPG
  • 016.JPG
  • 017.JPG
  • 019.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi welcome :)

#3 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 191 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Welcome,

To answer at least one of your questions you can look here for the gel overlays:
http://www.dmb.uk.co...overlays-focus2

Looks like you've got a MK2.5 so these should fit. Mine's a 2008 and they fit just fine.

#4 Scoobimax

Scoobimax

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

The S on my rear is at the end of the C of Zetec - no pics avail at the mo but can post one tomorrow.

#5 Rh1no

Rh1no

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Name: Rhino

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Welcome mate.

I debadged the rear of my ZS. Have a look at my thread in my signature to get a better idea of how it looks :)

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,668 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Welcome to the forum
Preee has created a guide on fitting colour coded parking sensors for less than 60 pounds.
Their are many subtle mods to be done on your motor and lots of help on how to do it.

#7 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

welcome to the forum :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#8 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hi and Welcome to FOC

#9 dt7

dt7

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, help and advice guys.

Oxide - thanks for the link - Now this begs the question of colour combinations. I maybe swayed with the red background and chrome 'Ford' . Any thoughts?

Scoobimax - any pics would be good - Had worried that by trying to fit 'S' next to the Zetec it might be too squashed - good to know that you have managed it. Did you need to move the Zetec over at all?

Rh1no - Smart car! - You could seriously be held responsible for me purchasing some different alloys - Makes a real difference. You've got to be pleased with them?

Lenny - Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Preee's guide - excellent guide by the way Preee. Gives me food for thought. Don't know if i have the confidence in wiring and fitting myself, but worth considering.

Will keep you updated on any progress.

#10 Scoobimax

Scoobimax

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 2.0 TDCi

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Badges were already in situ when I purchased the car and assumed it came out of the factory as such.image.jpg

And woud you believe that was washed Saturday afternoon

#11 Rh1no

Rh1no

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Name: Rhino

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Rh1no - Smart car! - You could seriously be held responsible for me purchasing some different alloys - Makes a real difference. You've got to be pleased with them?

Thanks mate.

Very pleased with them. They are like rocking horse s**t to find so I ended up buying them individually off ebay (saved myself a packet too!). One of the wheels needs a little work and they could all do with a touch up but aside from that they are great, change the look of the car loads. I am in effect changing my car into the sport pack model (by which I mean 18" Y Spoke Alloys & at some point rear tints). Aside from that and a few other subtle changes it will stay looking pretty stock.

#12 dt7

dt7

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Badges were already in situ when I purchased the car and assumed it came out of the factory as such.image.jpg

And woud you believe that was washed Saturday afternoon

Only too true I'm afraid. Must say though, my last car was black, and have vowed never to have black again. Shows the dirt minutes after cleaning! Finding red slightly better, but mine needs a wash as well.

Thanks for the pic by the way, has helped me make my mind up and will purchase one later.

#13 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Fitting the Parking sensors are easy with hardly any wiring to do , i was lucky with a good colour match
with the parking sensors i choose.

#14 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

welcome mate,lovely looking car...in my opinion i think the 's' badge looks far too close to the edge of the boot when placed at the end of 'zetec' so instead i stuck my at the end of focus...let me know what you think
Posted Image

saying that you may not want an 's' badge on the back atal. seen as your car is red it may not stand out as much and have the desired effect...
as for mods for your car there are tons... keep an eye out for people signatures to get some ideas yourself!!

#15 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
Contributor

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Personally I think it looks better without the Zetec or engine size badge, just the S on its own. Also the red bit in the S is just tape and can be carefully removed and replaced in any colour using a paint pen :)

Just an idea as the red S may clash as said above

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users