Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner - Focus Zetec S '10' Plate

dt7

Hi everyone

Just thought i'd post a few pics of my 'new' car. I picked it up just over a week ago now and I am really pleased with it so far. I have been looking at lots of different posts about little tweaks that can be made here and there to improve styling and looks and would like to ask opinions on a couple of small ideas I am contemplating.

1. Adding 'S' badges to front grille and back boot. If 'S' was to be added to the back, where would the ideal placement be? - Under the Zetec or after the Zetec?

2.The addition of rear parking sensors. Has anybody had any dealings with www.parkingsensors.co.uk ? Basic DPS400 model looks decent for less than a dealership fitting.

3. Modifying the silver bonnet lip trim in some way. Have heard of people suggesting carbon wrapping or painting it the colour of the car. Personally I 'm not sure if carbon wrapping it will sit with the look of the rest of the car. Has anybody painted the silver lip trim colorado red? If so, any pics?

4. I have also seen the dmb gel overlay badges, may fancy red background with silver lettering. Are they the correct size for my model of Focus?

Sorry, if my questions have been answered a thousand times before, but any positive response would be greatly appreciated. I am sure that like minded people will agree that it is the small details, that if you get them right, set your car apart from the rest.

Also, at some stage before winter sets in will be looking into replacing standard bulbs for better, but have seen the different threads on this topic, so will make a choice soon.

Many thanks in advance

post-37357-0-26342900-1350330689_thumb.j

post-37357-0-08534900-1350330718_thumb.j

post-37357-0-25789500-1350330756_thumb.j

post-37357-0-87292500-1350330789_thumb.j

The S on my rear is at the end of the C of Zetec - no pics avail at the mo but can post one tomorrow.

Welcome mate.

I debadged the rear of my ZS. Have a look at my thread in my signature to get a better idea of how it looks :)

Welcome to the forum

Preee has created a guide on fitting colour coded parking sensors for less than 60 pounds.

Their are many subtle mods to be done on your motor and lots of help on how to do it.

Thanks for the welcomes, help and advice guys.

Oxide - thanks for the link - Now this begs the question of colour combinations. I maybe swayed with the red background and chrome 'Ford' . Any thoughts?

Scoobimax - any pics would be good - Had worried that by trying to fit 'S' next to the Zetec it might be too squashed - good to know that you have managed it. Did you need to move the Zetec over at all?

Rh1no - Smart car! - You could seriously be held responsible for me purchasing some different alloys - Makes a real difference. You've got to be pleased with them?

Lenny - Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Preee's guide - excellent guide by the way Preee. Gives me food for thought. Don't know if i have the confidence in wiring and fitting myself, but worth considering.

Will keep you updated on any progress.

Badges were already in situ when I purchased the car and assumed it came out of the factory as such.post-37180-0-11074200-1350418448_thumb.j

And woud you believe that was washed Saturday afternoon

Rh1no - Smart car! - You could seriously be held responsible for me purchasing some different alloys - Makes a real difference. You've got to be pleased with them?

Thanks mate.

Very pleased with them. They are like rocking horse s**t to find so I ended up buying them individually off eBay (saved myself a packet too!). One of the wheels needs a little work and they could all do with a touch up but aside from that they are great, change the look of the car loads. I am in effect changing my car into the sport pack model (by which I mean 18" Y Spoke alloys & at some point rear tints). Aside from that and a few other subtle changes it will stay looking pretty stock.

Badges were already in situ when I purchased the car and assumed it came out of the factory as such.post-37180-0-11074200-1350418448_thumb.j

And woud you believe that was washed Saturday afternoon

Only too true I'm afraid. Must say though, my last car was black, and have vowed never to have black again. Shows the dirt minutes after cleaning! Finding red slightly better, but mine needs a wash as well.

Thanks for the pic by the way, has helped me make my mind up and will purchase one later.

Fitting the Parking sensors are easy with hardly any wiring to do , i was lucky with a good colour match

with the parking sensors i choose.

welcome mate,lovely looking car...in my opinion i think the 's' badge looks far too close to the edge of the boot when placed at the end of 'zetec' so instead i stuck my at the end of focus...let me know what you think

IMG_5685.jpg

saying that you may not want an 's' badge on the back atal. seen as your car is red it may not stand out as much and have the desired effect...

as for mods for your car there are tons... keep an eye out for people signatures to get some ideas yourself!!

Personally I think it looks better without the Zetec or engine size badge, just the S on its own. Also the red bit in the S is just tape and can be carefully removed and replaced in any colour using a paint pen :)

Just an idea as the red S may clash as said above

welcome mate,lovely looking car...in my opinion i think the 's' badge looks far too close to the edge of the boot when placed at the end of 'zetec' so instead i stuck my at the end of focus...let me know what you think

IMG_5685.jpg

saying that you may not want an 's' badge on the back atal. seen as your car is red it may not stand out as much and have the desired effect...

as for mods for your car there are tons... keep an eye out for people signatures to get some ideas yourself!!

Just been out again to have another look.

Agree that it would look too squashed at the end of 'Zetec' without moving 'Zetec' over. Looks fine next to the 'Focus' - worth extra consideration. Thanks for sharing the option and photo - much appreciated.

Not too concerned about S badge not standing out as red on red, as the side S's look decent enough.

Have also seen an S badge stuck to front grille on horizontal bars, not sure how secure it would be without full contact of the adhesive on a full surface. But definately adds something i think.

Have also seen an S badge stuck to front grille on horizontal bars, not sure how secure it would be without full contact of the adhesive on a full surface. But definately adds something i think.

Yea, thats something I've been thinking about. Are they the same 'S' badge as seen on boot/front wings???? or does the front grill ones have different fixings???

Yea, thats something I've been thinking about. Are they the same 'S' badge as seen on boot/front wings???? or does the front grill ones have different fixings???

Not sure. Just presumed that they were the same. Maybe someone could confirm?

Yeah it's the same, someone did it a while back just sticking the badge on a plate and cable tie it to the grill slats

Search the forum and you may find the topic

Yeah it's the same, someone did it a while back just sticking the badge on a plate and cable tie it to the grill slats

Search the forum and you may find the topic

Thanks for the pointer Haz93. Found some egs on forum. Will be on the lookout for a cable tie plate this weekend. Looked at prices on net, really only worth purchase if buying in bulk. Looks like it could be the solution.

Can anybody tell if this 'S' is genuine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110955985452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The phrase 'product seen as sold' seems strange for a brand new badge.

Would imagine that it is a good deal cheaper than buying them direct from Ford.

I very much doubt it is or the seller would have listed it as "Original" or "Genuine". He looks to have very good feedback though...

Looks genuine but they were 5 quid from ford when i got mine and think they come in pairs if i remember correctly

Also try looking on teamtorquesteer.co.uk

Oh just remembered I got mine free as the dealer said they would be about 5 quid but as they were meant to be on the car from factory then I managed to get them free of charge, also you have the warranty on your side if its under 3 years old

Genuine S badges are 15 pounds from ford each.

But their is a part number available that is two S badges for 24 pounds.

dont bother with a cable tie and all that lark!!! the 's' badges hold very well on there own.. iv had mine on for about a year id say now and its still on tight...and iv had it washed by those albanian chaps (even though a piece of me dies inside each time) a gd few times haha

internet is playing up at the moe, but il add a pic as soon as i can.