Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Etis

ChrisH

Is the vehicle specification on Etis what is on the actual car..... Just done a search on mine, out of interests sake, and all appears to be what i have got, except the etis site states I have Auto Headlamps, and ISOfix points, which the car does not have, unless Autoheadlamps has a different meaning. All I have is the Standard headlight controller, with P, Off, Side and Full, with pull for front and rear fogs. Certainly dosnt have Isofix points.

Im not complaining, just interested :) :)

Etis is vehicle specific. it knows from your vin (translated from your reg) whats fitted...although sometimes the factory doesnt fill the details in properly. not sure on autolamps but the isofix points i think relates to the metal hooks that you see when you lift the back seats.

Thanks. Defo hasnt got those, although not an issue now. Kids are out of car seats, and now in boosters......

isofix refers to the mounting points which all focis have mate autolamps means if you switch the engine off and pull the main beam towards you the lights go on and allow the follow home feature then shut off after 30 secs

Not sure, but mine said auto lamps too, since then I found out the wiring was in place for the auto headlight sensor and also the auto levelling headlamps too. may just mean the wiring is there

yeah mine says that too. interestingly, mines is also listed on etis as a saloon(?) :blink:

isofix refers to the mounting points which all focis have mate autolamps means if you switch the engine off and pull the main beam towards you the lights go on and allow the follow home feature then shut off after 30 secs

Well I never knew that, thanks artscot... I will try this and see if it works....

Auto headlamps come on when your light sensor detects low light levels if you have the wires you could change the switch and I shall upload a photo for you for what it looks like I think haz or one of the guys has done it there could be a guide floating around to show you how to do it

Etis thinks my Focus is a C-Max. Which it isn't.

Mine too - was yours built in Valencia? This might be a clue to the differences we have been noting in 2006 Ghias

Here's wat the auto switch look like buddy both on and off hope this helps

post-32783-0-70267900-1350419665_thumb.j

post-32783-0-44169400-1350419695_thumb.j

Hey artscot don't mean to be picky but isn't that guide me home headlights u were talking about

it could be mate reason i said auto lights is those who dont have the wiring for the auto lights but ford etis says they have auto lights still have guide me home lights its the only thing all had in common

Certainly havnt got that lights switch.... Tried arscots suggestion, and it appears that is what I have got. Cheers mate, at least I know whats going on...

Also yes, my car was built in valencia.