Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rattling Noise Driving Me Up The Door Seals......

OllyMcC

My 2012 Mk7 fez, has seemed to develop a rattling noise on the passenger side door/seatbelt/seat area. Its a 3 door, so the seat needs moved to get into the back, obviously, but i have sat on the seat while its being driven, and its to the left of that. It sounds like a dodgy locking mechanism, door seal, latch or something behind the door card, but i really am stuck for ideas, and im not sure how to tackle the problem. :(

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Had thought about it, but its a hour round trip plus whatever time they want to look at it. And i'm pretty busy at the moment, was hoping its just something small, i could have a look at myself. But might end up having to go to the dealers.

Cheers

Silly question but have you checked it's not the seatbelt buckle hitting the B pillar?

I had suspected this, and everytime i hear the rattle, i look over and check its not bouncing off the B-pillar, so i dont think it is, but i suppose buckling it in, and then seeing if the noise is still there, wont kill me, so ill give that ago next time I'm out. No rattling today though, seems to be a temperamental little bugger..

Cheers, Olly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i had rattle near drivers side b pillar area, turned out to be the door seals making the noise as the body flexed. fixed by spraying seal with silicone spray. wont hurt trying and will stop ice sticking the doors shut too in cold weather. Hope you get it sorted.

Have to say I have the same problem sounds like thin metal hitting each other as you say round the seat belt buckle area, will try the silicone spray, hope this fixes the problem.

Paul