Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Tyre For New Fords

davemufc

Did anyone see Watchdog tonight regarding the issue of new cars not having a spare wheel,they now come with this sealant kit which is apparently useless,does anyone know if you can obtain a spare to go in the boot,i have a new car every year and know that in the last two or three years i have had to ask for a spare,which i did not think about when i purchased last october,any views will be welcome.

A spare wheel is a cost option now. (something watchdog never picked up on) If you don't order it with the car, you will be left with the repair kit. The spare wheel for a Fiesta is £95 according to Ford's site.

Don't get me started on the watchdog they really don't have a clue sometimes and what a idiot trying to use the sealant kit he didn't have a clue, also what they didn't point out about tyre fitters not repairing is to because of how long it take to clean out the sealant but if you have a small unnoticeable from the outside puncture the stuff inside will stop it from leaking when it's covered in leak finder which makes it 10 times harder to find, also some of the sealant used it just far to thick to remove and be able to repair it. Manufacturers should comment say if u want a spare then pay extra to have the wheel well designed into the vehicle making it heavier and less economical so in turn costs them more to run and tax. Sorry I got started but rant over otherwise I may hit the maximum character amount for the box.

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

• 3 weeks later...

£95......is there anywhere cheaper, I have just bought a 2009 Titanium & would like a spare tyre, not keen on the foam stuff.

cheers

Paul

It should be down to the dealers to make it clear, I know my local dealer includes them anyway just to avoid arguments.

I can't stand watch dog and refuse to watch it. I've never seen such a bias over hyped program, that provides no actual consumer advice, just whines and moans using cherry picked facts to make things sound as bad as possible, without telling you the whole story.

I thought my local dealer had said they were only £50 though. Maybe that's ex vat or just when it's bought with the car.

When I bought my Fiesta, they wanted £95 for a 15" spare wheel...when I have 16" alloys on it.

Doesn't matter about the wheel size as long as the overall diameter is about right with the width of the tyre included.

True, the factory fitted spare with mine is a 14 inch wheel with 175/65R 14 tyre. My alloys are also 16 inch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club