Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium With Keyless Entry Stolen

Crezzer

Hello all, first post on here

Absolutely gutted to find my Fiesta stolen this morning. Only had the car 7 days.

No sign of break in, no glass, nothing. I still have both key fobs.

I had the keyless entry and push button start option fitted and have now started to read horror story’s online at how easy it is to override this and steal the car

Has anyone else had their keyless fiesta stolen?

Sorry to hear about this, one thought though, are you sure it wasn't simply lifted?

The keyless entry system still uses a similar protocol to the wireless fob of a normal key afaik, so I can't see it being any easier to break into.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/quentin-wilson/car-thieves-make-a-killing-from-hi-tech-1142902

<s>I live down quite a tight road, so would be surprised it it was lifted possibility though i guess.</s>

<s>Interesting link to article that says Keyless Fiestas are a particularly easy target. What do people think?</s>

<s>Scum bag t*ssers</s>

Reading that, it could apply to ANY car with a wireless transponder. Even a "normal" blip key.

I always check that my car is actually locked before I walk away from it. I would of thought you would have noticed if your car hadn't been locked?

The other thing is that unless your car gets recovered, you won't be able to see if they did any physical breaking in to it.

there has been a few topics on stolen fiesta's just do a Stolen Fiesta search and read with intrest

Gutted to hear about another keyless Fiesta being stolen. I had my Fiesta Metal stolen back in March this year. Again, it had the keyless entry & start system.

This is my thread: http://www.fordowner...a-metal-stolen/

If you have the time, some of the information on there may be useful in respect to the insurance claim etc. or ideas of how it was stolen. In my case it was almost certainly a 'technology-related' theft, with the method being somehow related to the keyless-system, as opposed to the mechanical lifting and taking of the car.

I now have the replacement, fitted a tracking system, and use a 'disklok' steering wheel lock when parked overnight - gives me peace of mind when leaving the car.

Drop me a PM if you need any help with the process, or advise on security - I spent a long time researching!

EDIT: Also it might be a good idea to give some details of the location, any specific details of the car (preferably a photo), and approximate time that it was taken.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club