Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lots Of Annoying Newb Questions!

Aldoo

Hi guys

bought a focus sport 1.8 tdci about 6 weeks ago ..been lurking the forum since :D

the main mechanical thing i want to ask is about engine bogging..

i go on an uphill twisty road several times a week, and theres a bit where the engine bogs for a second at about 3k rpm in 3rd. i first thought it was clutch slipping, but when i looked the revs werent raising at all and the clutch feels fine.

..the weirdest thing is that i cant recreate it in any other location ..any ideas as to why it bogs?

..and a little thing..any idea what sort of buld i would need for putting new interior lights? ..i know its a led festoon ..but what size?

Thanks

I'm on my phone so can't see what year your car is?

If it's a Mk2 then the internal light is a 38mm festoon.

When was the car last serviced? Maybe a dirty fuel filter or air filter causing loss of power?

thanks for reply, il get the bulbs ordered :)

yes its a 06 mkII

bought it early september and it had a service and MOT then. not sure if itll have been a top job if the garage was just wanting to get it out though..

..wouldnt something like that be more constant? i think it can only be recreated there because of the mix of uphill and the speed out the corner is exactly where the power is ..if that makes sense

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club