Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal Limited To 1000? - Actually, It Isn't Anymore...

JonM

Hi All,

Just thought I would share some information I got recently regarding the supposedly limited edition Fiesta Metal. I was told, plus it is well publicised, that the Metal edition was limited to a run of 1,000 cars. I found out a week or so ago that actually Ford has made/sold coming up to nearly twice that amount, which Ford admitted to in reply to an email I sent. However what they did say is that it was never limited...

I thought I would do a bit of investigation, and even managed to get hold of the press release Ford gave out to the media for the car which states that it is limited to 1,000. I now have the Auto Express watchdog team on this, who will be asking Ford why they felt it was acceptable to do that. I'll keep you updated.

Great car, not so great company.

Maybe it proved such a hit that it was decided internally at Ford that production should continue... the £ signs were probably more important than the exclusivity of the Metal, which is a shame as it could affect the residual value.

That's my issue with it really, thought having a 'limited' version would at least be worth something (even if it just makes it easier to sell, etc).

But yes, they definitely saw the £ signs...

Will I get anywhere with Auto Express? Maybe, but doubtfall.. Just want to see what Ford say when someone a bit bigger than just one customer gets involved.

They did this with the s1600. Originally limited to 500. It sold so well they made improvements to the car and made another 500. So they're limited to 1000. I don't know how much they exclusively means though and how it will aid in coming to sell.

Although I was down a ford dealer recently and saw a 60 plate s1600 with 13k miles advertised for £12,750. I bought mine brand new on a 12 plate for £13,000 where's the logic in that?

At least they seem to be holding their value. All this would be the same for the metal I imagine

I do not think so I got mine in September 2011 and I paid 17.500 and last week the dealers offered me 9.500 and he said that next year when the new one comes out it will be worth a lot less what a joke

Thats poor, go somewhere else or sell it privately...

Did you get sold with the understadning it was limited to 1k production run?

Yes I did I think when the dealers have your money there do not care there will tell you anything to make the sale

Shame that Ford can so easily do that, I'm sure other sectors limited means limited.

Why have you decided to sell yours so soon?

I need a bigger car for family . I have order the new focus zete s

Ford (and I'm sure other manufacturers) do this all the time. I remember being told I couldn't get my old Focus ST in Electric Orange because it was a limited edition launch colour. This was the stance Ford had originally taken but on visiting another garage I ordered one without any issue. They kept on selling the ST in EO right til the end of production...

Obviously this is only my opinion, but I feel that just because they do it all the time doesn't make it a right way of operating...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Jon! - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/61341/watchdog-not-so-limited-edition-ford-fiesta-metal

I'm thinking of pursuing this issue too, the Metal being 'Limited Edition' was certainly an incentive for me to buy.

We just need to establish the financial loss due to increased depreciation to have a genuine claim.

Haha, yes. Very strange experience of not being allowed to smile in a photograph...

I’ve asked the guy who runs that section for any of the details they might have, but for the moment he hasn’t got back to me. – And I’m only contemplating pursuing it further for the moment.

I didn’t primarily buy it for the ‘limited’ part of it, but it was a nice thing to have (and I did think about residuals) which is why I decided to highlight it.

Anyway – I only did it for the fame… ;) :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club