Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Size

simon.m

hi all so looking to get some winter wheels for the focus 1998 to 2004 so think its the mk 1 but when we got the car it had oz wheels on it 205/50/16 the book says is had 195/60/15 on it so my ? is what is the right ET and pcd to go for

originally 15 inch wheels stud pattern 4x108 offset 38 to 45 bore 63.4

if i may suggest if its just to protect them during the winter why not use plastidip on the original alloys it will save you a fortune easy to spray on the alloy and easy to remove you tube search plastidip and youll see what i mean

thanks mate its not really a problem as the wheels are crap right now last owner tryed to refurb them there self and really should not have lol it was more as we are going to czech in dec and need winter tyers so though id put it on sum cheap rims as the tyers would be cheaper for the smaller ones.

no worries thats the sizes anyway for the 15 inch rims

Hello,

I have a Ford Focus MK 3 1.0 Eco Boost engine equipment trend sport. Standard car comes with 215/55/16 tires with aluminum rims 6,5J/5*108. My dealer offered me to use winter tires 205/60/16 with the same alloy wheels.

I have a question: is it possible using of 15 inch rims with new tires? In some Russian forums there are some posts that this is possible, but I prefer to ask here. If it is possible can you tell me the parameters of the 15-inch wheels and a particular offset.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Similar to the previous poster, I have a Ford Focus MK 2 1,8TDCI with 205/55/16 tires on aluminum rims 6,5J/5*108, ET 52,5. Due to the lower cost of 15" tires, I decided to buy new 15 inch steel rims and new winter tires. I did so because I saw that size on my car and in the book.

It turned out that no rims I tried could fit to my wheels, even ET 52,5. More precisely, they can fit, but they can't turn. Obviously, it's about breaks size, so arches touch the rim. Is it possible to use 15" on my car at all? If not steel, then some alloy?

The 1.8 TDCi has larger front brake discs than the 'basic' models, and so needs the 16" wheels to fit over them.

I would wager that the 15" wheels were only fitted to cars that have 288mm front discs (like the 1.4 petrol, and maybe the lower-spec 1.6) while cars with the 300mm front discs need the 16" wheels.

The 1.8 TDCi has the larger 300mm brakes because of the extra weight (not because of extra power). The diesel also has rear discs while the 1.6 petrol has rear drums, for the same reason.

The 1.8 TDCi has the larger 300mm brakes because of the extra weight (not because of extra power).

Speak for yourself ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club