Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Well i must say just my opinion i Hate the new Facesuck/Twit popup , it's so damn annoying.

Steve is there any chance some of these adverts can be moved to Un-Registered user view , we will soon have no where left to type.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Foci_st3

Foci_st3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Name: D
  • Ford Model: MK3 Focus Titanium x

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Even worse viewing on the iPad even if you close it down it pops up when I scroll so a bit pointless, also why does it have to be an ST

#3 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

I second this. Personally, I don't use facebook and I definitely don't use t#####r. This forum is my version of em n my release I suppose. I'm on the forums daily and it's easily my most used site, but now it's actually popping up every time I log in telling me to 'like' it on facebook and 'follow it' on t#####r (my 2 most hated sites) it's probably enough to make me stop coming on the forums.

You got no idea how angry it made me today when I logged in to be immediately greeted with a pop up. Even though you can click it to hide it, it shouldn't be there at all.

I can't stand sites forcing pop ups on their loyal users. It's the very reason I won't use youtube any more now it forces you to watch an advert before watching a video and then the amount of pop ups that pop up watching the thing.

I know sites have to make they're money from advertising but who honestly clicks on em? Personally if a site forces adverts on me I make a point of never clicking on any of them. If I want something I'll buy it, I won't buy anything an adverts forcing on me by annoyingly popping up where I don't want it to.

If someone does wanna 'like' it on facebook and 'follow it' on t#####r, they will. They don't need to be annoyed into doing so.

Rant over.

#4 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,872 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

its like the forum is becoming 2nd place to the adverts, remember without the forums and members the site would not be what it is, the same has happened on the toyota forum, with ebay, facebook and all the other adverts may as well just call it commercials owners club.

#6 Narth

Narth

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name: Nate
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 TDCI Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Just thought i'd chip in - if you have ad block installed, you can right mouse click the banner and click "Block this ad".
It will give you a slider that you move along until the banner disappears!
It would be fine if it remembered to keep it hidden but I was having to do it on every page!

#7 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

MODS SORT THIS OUT NOW PLEASE! IT'S POPPING UP ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE I CLICK ON NOW AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANNOYING IT ACTUALLY IS! IT'S ACTUALLY PUTTING ME OFF COMING ON THE FORUM AND MAKING IT UNUSABLE.

I THOUGHT BECOMING A SUPPORTING MEMBER MEANS LESS ADVERTS. BUT I'VE NOTICED NO DROP IN ADVERTS AT ALL AND IF ANYTHING SINCE BECOMING A SUPPORTING MEMBER THERE'S BEEN EVEN MORE.

WITH THE ADDITION OF THE POP UP IT REALLY IS THE LAST STRAW.

SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT YOUR PUSHING YOUR LOYAL MEMBERS AWAY!!

#8 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Ditto , Why does it have to even be there ?, the same banner appears top and bottom of the page.Far to many adverts for registered users IMO

#9 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ditto , Why does it have to even be there ?, the same banner appears top and bottom of the page.Far to many adverts for registered users IMO

Exactly mate. Doesn't need to be there at all. All it is is yet another annoyance in my life that I can do without.

I come on the forum to get away from the likes of f######k and t#####r cause I really can't stand em. But now I come on here, a site I actually really enjoy, only to be bombarded on every page I click on with a !Removed! pop up telling me to 'like' and 'follow' on the said sites that I hate with a passion.

#10 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,872 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Stick to mobile access, less ads.

#11 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I have spoken to Steve, and he is working on a fix. Please wait untill the fix goes live.

#12 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Thanks Mark

#13 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,912 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi Guys

We realise that there is an issue with the pop up and we are working on a fix to resolve this as soon as we can.

cheers
Steve

#14 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,456 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi Guys

We realise that there is an issue with the pop up and we are working on a fix to resolve this as soon as we can.

cheers
Steve

Thanks mate,
I'm on a 7" android with a 2" yellow ST on the bottom of my 7" screen asking me to join a forum that I'm already signed in to.
Then if I hit the focus or blue bar instead of "post" after writing a response
I risk losing my post and being redirected to joining a forum that I'm already signed in to and attempting to pertisipate in.

#15 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hi Guys

cheers
Steve

Steve , with exactly the same bar at the top and bottom of each page , why does the popup even need to be there , and is there any chance of minimizing adverts for at least Supports ? , Top banner is adverts , just underneath is adverts , etc.It does not feel like a community any more, more like a shopping mall.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users