Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Third Times A Charm

Grim

I have just purchased a tidy 1999 X plate focus there are a few bits and bobs needing done but the main is the central locking.

I can lock my two front doors with fob, unlock only the drivers with the fob and open the passengers door with the key (won't open from inside.)

The two back only work manually. Boot is fine

I took the door card off the passenger door had a look stuck it back on and it worked properly for three times and went again.

Maybe I have a broken door catch/cable. But why would the rear doors not work?

Any help would be much appreciated :-D

Apart from spray wd40 on it which is the only suggestion I've had so far

Ok so now the drivers door won't lock through the key or fob it just re opens constantly, I can however lock it through the passengers door both inside and with the key.

The back doors are still dead

Central locking control module replacement you can find then on eBay but check for the correct part number or it won't work, not sure where the module is located on the focus it was under the steering column in the 2000 Mondeo

The module is behind the driver side footwell panel under the fuel pump reset switch.

DSC_0040a.jpg

I read there was a way to reset the module turning the key in the door until it chimes then opening doors, any ideas if that would do it? I can't Seem to find the page that told me how to do that. It was raining when I found it and said oh I'll do that when the rain goes off. Whoops lost the page lol

Maybe you're referring to the module test mode?

You need to follow this to activate the mode-

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0041a.jpg

Ok so I did the door test, drivers

And passengers are "working" and the

Rear are none responsive. Gonna try the local

Breakers for a new Central locking module

Will I have to re programme it to the car?

Know how to program a key fob by turning the

Key in the ignition barrel.

Noticed if I unplug the passengers door the

Drivers door will lock and unlock without a problem

Where as when it's still connected I can only lock

The drivers door if the passengers door is already

Locked. Could that mean the door has a problem so

It tells the module to open the doors when locked using central

Locking?

Give a spare locking module a go first, if that doesn't solve it I reckon you may have wet or corroded door lock motors.

Water can get into them through perished window ledge seals and cause all manner of problems.

Not 100% sure if you'll need to reprogramme the module but most likely, as you know the routine anyway it's the work of seconds to do.

Okay, we'll next wage I'll go get a locking module

Just changed career so things are a little tight.

Bough my wee car on gumtree. Needs some jobs

done but the central locking is the main one!

Thank you for your help I'll let you know how I get on

• 2 weeks later...

So it took a week or two longer to get a central locking module, fitted it yesterday. Came with a fob already programmed but programmed my own aswell, the two front doors work perfectly (I think) pres unlock once and the drivers door opens, press it twice the passengers opens. The back doors still don't work. Got it out a 4 door so not asif I'm trying a two door one. Boot works off fob too. The back doors are connected into the plugs on the pilars, is there another plug inside the door it may have been unplugged from? The door cards look although they have been off at some point.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club