Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Suddenly Appeared In Passenger Footwell And Back Of Car

pmhtuk

Hi all

First Fiesta I've ever had (and first ever ford), which I've had for 7 months.

I've noticed there's a few posts about this fault which appears to affect all Fiesta's. I have a Mk7 fiesta which is just over a year old, and whilst out with friends today, one noticed suddenly a large amount of water in the back of the car (behind passenger seat).

After checking, we noticed there was a small amount in the front passenger seat footwell also, so the mats have been taken out (the back one was soaked) and I've got towels in at the moment soaking up any additional water.

My concern is that this suddenly appeared - we'd been out driving for a while and then suddenly it all went wet in the back! It hasn't rained today, in fact its unseasonally warm and sunny, but still - it's odd that its appeared.

A lot of comments are about rain - but I don't think that is the case this way. My immediate concern was thinking about what it could be - fuel (no, smells like stale water), window fluid washer (no, as it'd smell of washing fluid), and then suddenly I thought about radiator, but can't see that leaking into the passenger side (or could it?!)

I'll call my local garage tomorrow and sort it with them, but is there any quick fix or usual routine to sort this problem?

Many thanks in advance

P

Hey mate

The wife had the same issue on her MK7.

The water is probably coming in through the bulkhead behind the pedals. It's a known build fault on MK7s. Our main Ford dealer had the car for 2 days, seats removed, carpet removed and dried. Bulkhead reseated, good as new. The repair bill came to £220.00, which she paid but the guy we dealt with said that in his opinion, the wife should'nt have to pay. He emailed Ford Customer Services about the issue and 3 days later the wife received a full refund.

Pressure your Ford dealer or follow it up yourself.

Good luck

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club