Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighting Recommendations

k13r4n

ok guys to add to the on going questions about lights which are the best and will last the longest ? ie more than two weeks ?

1. Osram cool blue intense

2. Phillips blue vision

3. Osram night breaker plus

4. Or any recommend bulbs

And haz93 if you see this Howz the xenon conversion going

Oh and sorry for another repetitive topic from me about lights again

To kick this off, my cool blue's ain't let me down and as I just said on another thread, even the Missus says how much cleaner n brighter they are over the original bulbs.

Ok Charlie cool am tempted to get a set tbh but just thought I would post this to find general opinions

Just found osram cool blue hyper anybody have these or know much about them

This come up in a previous discussion mate.

The hypers aren't E marked and aren't road legal. Off road use only I'm afraid.

Ain't that right Clive ;)

Yeah just checked and is the high beam a requirement in the mot or not

I have had 6000k Xenon bulbs in ( cheap Chinese ones) and found these were slightly more purple/blue than the led DRL's

Now they have blown :( and one melted to the projector ( never buying cheapo again)

Going for the proper Osram 4500k bulbs, same colour as used in the Audi S line xenons which match the LED DRL's perfectly, shame there £60 per bulb!!!

Ok guys my bulbs are goosed and so is the light put the original ford bulbs in and still no joy so it's booked into ford on Thursday

!Removed! hell mate what you reckon could have caused that?

I think the fuse for the headlights is on the passenger footwell fuse board. Anyone know which one?? I will have a look in the Haynes manual later as this will be a cheaper fix than ford doing it if the fuse has gone. Would be worth a try first. Do all the other lights work ( side lights, etc..)

As far as I'm aware all bulbs work except the drivers dipped beam h7 bulb

Okay so if only the one bulb isn't working then it's not the fuse. Sounds like a wiring fault. You could check the connector to see if all the pins and sockets are in contact. Other than that I can't think of much to help ( not an electrical genius ) :P

If you can't fix it sounds like ford garage is best option mate

Just checked fuse and its fine think the bulb that's in could be duff but will double check otherwise it's a ford job and only had it 6 month

Fuses for dipped bulbs are right side 142, left side 143. (15Amp)

High beams are right side 139, left side 140. (10Amp)

Yep I know keep up old man :-) got the original manual and it ok guys I ended up plugging a duff bulb in after taking a duff bulb out so um taking the ring ones back to the shop after my work to get them replaced as I think they r faulty will upload pics later to show y I think this and still tempted to get the osrams

Ok, didn't know if you had the manual or not.

Anyway, definitely recommend the Osram's, give them a shot, you'll not be upset you did.

Ok guys got pics just need to upload them but the filament has definitely blown on the driver side on couple of guys at work recon its a doggy batch so they are going back I shall let you know how I get on

Hi I changed my bulbs to H7 Osram night breaker plus and I'm very happy with them. I also put 100w H1 in the main beam (i know but you used to rally co-drive you like to see where your going)

just watch the 100w its possible they can melt the holder and burn the plastic lens

Ok bulbs changed took them back to the shop and they didn't want to change them but they did after my clearly unhappy tone but still wanting the Oscars