Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tsb (Clutch Pedal Sticking)

Andrew Barke

First off apologies if this has already been covered, but recently my car (focus mk3) developed a fault with the clutch pedal, whereby it would stay down after biting, requiring the use of my foot to flip it back up, went to the garage and apparently ford have issues a TSB for it (39/2012 (I think)), now they said the part would talk about a week to get here, fine, anyway day before its due to be repaired I get a phone call from the dealer saying it hasn’t come in and reschedule the repair for next week, fine, although not to happy driving a car with a doggy clutch and a bite point that moves, but still.

Roll on another week (today) I’ve just received a phone call from the dealer saying they’ve gone to fix it, but the part still hasn’t arrived, great, so my problem is should it take this long to order a part and what exactly is in the TSB.

I know its not a real question but also feel the need to vent some anger at not having a normal car for the last three weeks.

Rant over!

I sort of had this same problem - but it seems to have sorted itself out.

I was told by a local garage that it could be the slave cylinder, however, as I said, it now seems okay.

It was initially when I bought the car, and it hadn't been driven for 3-4 months before my purchase.

I had the same problem on my MK2 RS. Ford replaced the Master Cylinder, Spring Pack and Peddle Box and it's been fine since.