Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goldenleaf's Discreet Mods

GoldenLeaf

I have just become the owner of a 2006 Ford Focus LX Mk2 1.8 TDCI, and I am thrilled :D I am not looking to spend too much money on this car, £1500 max, but hopefully not even that much. If anyone has any suggestions of mods they think could look nice, or any tips for the future mods I wish to do, please let me know in this thread.

Current list of things I wish to do:

- New bulbs (sidelights, dipped and full beam)

- Smaller aerial

- Alloy wheels

- Tinted windows (rear and back sides)

- Maybe Mk2.5 spoiler and rear bumper

Only cosmetic really, no performance upgrades.

So I have attached some photos of my Focus as stock, just incase you guys don't know what a Focus looks like :P

post-37790-0-24040200-1351102255_thumb.j post-37790-0-98332100-1351102237_thumb.j post-37790-0-18029600-1351102262_thumb.j post-37790-0-75980100-1351102268_thumb.j post-37790-0-68241200-1351102246_thumb.j

Isn't she a beauty?!

My new bulbs came today! Here's some photos I took of them:

post-37790-0-48928600-1351103192_thumb.j post-37790-0-85161000-1351103198_thumb.j post-37790-0-39189200-1351103205_thumb.j

Thanks to some helpful advise from a few on the members on here who helped me pick these bulbs. Let's hope they are nice, bright and BLUEish.

I will be fitting them tomorrow and will take before and after photos, so look out for them :)

Good effort there mate.

Use me and Brigante as inspirations if you want.

Plenty to do from our signature pictures if you find anything that takes your fancy.

Good effort there mate.

Plenty to do from our signature pictures if you find anything that takes your fancy.

Thanks man, the inspiration for the bulbs has already come from you and the idea of maybe getting new spoiler and rear bumper from Charlie :)

Like my newly created sig? :P

So the inspiration for the bulbs never came from me? :( I had em before Clive did lol

So the inspiration for the bulbs never came from me? :( I had em before Clive did lol

Oh >.< Sorry it might have done I can't be 100% now, why do you have to put doubt in my mind :P

I trained Charlie too well, he's pre-empting my ones now.

Jedi skills in him strong are they. ;)

Good effort there mate.

.+1

Welcome to the forum, and nice colour focus

.+1

Welcome to the forum, and nice colour focus

Thanks Lenny, you have a real nice looking focus too man.

Thanks Lenny, you have a real nice looking focus too man.

Thanks mate,

Its a style model on the log book. Converted to a Zs by myself Has become an addiction month by month lol

So I fitted the new Osram Cool Blue Intense bulbs the other day and this is the before and after shots.

post-37790-0-00552700-1351529293_thumb.j

I think they look pretty nice. They give a lot better colour than the stock bulbs, however I am not sure whether the main beams throw out as much light as the stock. Could be that they are more precise? I am talking more about the spread of the light.

Looking back now, I should have probably taken a photo from the drivers seat of the before an after.

I have some more photos which I may upload later.

Welcome to FOC , nice looking car you have ;)

Nice car mate! I used to have a 2006 MK2 1.8TDCI. Brilliant car, and 45-50mpg! Unfortunately, had too many miles on the clock and needed alot of work!

I did a few mods, body coloured the plastics, st replica alloys, mk2.5 rear lights. rear tints, mk2.5 zetec seats (trust me will transform the interior), mk2.5 stereo. Could post up some pics if you want.

I miss my focus! anyone wanna swap a mk7 fiesta for a mk2.5 focus? aha.

Welcome to FOC , nice looking car you have ;)

Thanks man. You've got quite a beast of a car yourself. Focus MK3 looks pretty sharp!

Nice car mate! I used to have a 2006 MK2 1.8TDCI. Brilliant car, and 45-50mpg! Unfortunately, had too many miles on the clock and needed alot of work!

I did a few mods, body coloured the plastics, st replica alloys, mk2.5 rear lights. rear tints, mk2.5 zetec seats (trust me will transform the interior), mk2.5 stereo. Could post up some pics if you want.

I miss my focus! anyone wanna swap a mk7 fiesta for a mk2.5 focus? aha.

Thanks :D Yeah it does get pretty good MPG. That's a shame about yours :/ How many miles did it have when you bought it?

Yeah that would be awesome if you could upload some photos, I'd be very interested in seeing them :)

So I have been looking at getting a muffler tip for my focus, but am not quite sure which one to go for here are a couple I have been looking at.

Though with these ones I am not sure how it will sick out, whether it will stick out straight or point towards the floor. They have a slight angle but I'm not sure if it's enough.

I saw someone had posted this one somewhere on this forum, it has more of an angle so it may sit straighter, but it costs a silly amount. Any ideas guys?

P.s I wish my front lights were bluer now :(

Looking good mate, I'm a huge fan of discreet mods. I'm also after an exhaust tip, and looking at it I'm going to need an angled one also for my Zetec S, just not sure which will fit niceley.

Not too keen on link number two, but the other two aren't bad. Is £19 a 'silly amount' for that last one?

Not too keen on link number two, but the other two aren't bad. Is £19 a 'silly amount' for that last one?

It's the postage that is the silly amount.

Do you think the ones you think look good will sit nicely, or just face the floor?

Ah right enough! Sorry, I didn't notice that, new eBay layout and all!

Hard to tell really how they'll look until you see them fitted. Came across this though which may be of interest to you...it's a genuine Focus MS Design tail pipe. Would probably come up nice with a bit of polish and elbow grease!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-TWIN-STAINLESS-TAIL-PIPE-/271078897334?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1d8fb6b6

Ah right enough! Sorry, I didn't notice that, new ebay layout and all!

Hard to tell really how they'll look until you see them fitted. Came across this though which may be of interest to you...it's a genuine Focus MS Design tail pipe. Would probably come up nice with a bit of polish and elbow grease!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f1d8fb6b6

Yeah, nice find thanks. Something like that would look nice on my car I think, though there would be a few things I would need to ask a mechanic I suppose, as I know nothing about these things. First is, will it fit my car as my car hasn't got a cut out for a tailpipe. How much it would cost to weld it on and will it alter the sound of the exhaust.

Get a full backbox rather than the tip. A custom exhaust place can recommend one to give you a certain sound too

Get a full backbox rather than the tip. A custom exhaust place can recommend one to give you a certain sound too

No, no, I seem to have been misunderstood. I am only looking to slightly enhance my exhaust, and I thought an easy and inexpensive way to do that was by buying just a bolt-on tip. I am not looking to replace any part of the exhaust. Neither do I want to change the sound of my exhaust. I like how my car sounds currently, it is nice and quiet in the cabin, so I can hear my music clearly :)

As diesel exhausts on Ford's seen to always turn down at the end the best ones to get are ones that are angled.

Adding a straight tip runs the risk of it being too long and hitting the ground/speed bumps etc.

Try something like this-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370586712131

Not sure about fitting in terms of pipe diameters and that, would be worth asking about, but if that is indeed a genuine Ford MS Design tip, then it should just sit below the bumper anyway, so you wouldn't need a cut-out or anything.