Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Camera

k13r4n

I was a bit naughty earlier and was speeding anyway the camera on the other side of the four lane road flashed me should I expect points and fine or not ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stoney871

• k13r4n

• Brigante

• Haz93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was the camera facing you? If the lens was facing your front then you'll be ok.

If it was facing away from you then you're stuffed.

I'm assuming it was the standard grey box gatso?

They only aim at one lane at a time so you would have a 1 go 4 chance of not being caught anyway.

They also flash twice when nabbing someone as they need two photos to calculate the speed.

If they flash once then it's just a warming system they fit if no camera is in the box.

A Gatso style one got me forwards on a single carriageway A road, I was doing about 40 in a 30. Nothing ever came through so you might get away with it being a 4 lane road.

A gatso will not ping you from the front as a double white flash is dangerous and impairs night driving vision.

Some newer designs have come out (truvelo) which have multiple lenses and a live video camera so they can get more than one lane and as they have infra-red flashes can get you from the front or back.

They're quite rare though so most will never see them.

The ones to watch for now are the average speed cameras, they just sit there looking innocent and mop up the money like a sponge.

The camera was facing me on the opposite side so I was travelling towards the lens and it only flashed once

Lucky boy! Be more careful next time. :)

Lucky boy! Be more careful next time. :)

Hell yeah I will been bricking it all day I shall observe the roads I should know better being a young driver

The ones to watch for now are the average speed cameras, they just sit there looking innocent and mop up the money like a sponge.

Yup! The A14 through Cambridgeshire is one long average slog. They stick roadworks in, reduce the limit to 50 in places and adjust the cameras to catch people's impatience. Cruise control is one of the best ways of ensuring you don't get a ticket through average cameras ;)

Sounds like you might be lucky there!!

Think I might have got caught last week :(

I know there's no excuse but I was over 30mins late due to heavy traffic and went past a Toyota aygo with a camera mounted on the roof and a speed camera sign on the back at about 35 in a 30. Didn't even see it till I was passed it and the position it was in you had to speed up to get through a gap in the oncoming traffic, was parked in a line of cars on a small urban road :(

At 35 you'll probably be ok too.

Car Speedos usually over read by 10% and you tend to get a couple of mph thrown on for good grace.

This will basically bring your true speed down to 32mph so don't panic too much.

Yeah I did think I would be okay buy still gona be anxious for a while. Do you know how long it takes to be processed btw?

A gatso will not ping you from the front as a double white flash is dangerous and impairs night driving vision.

Some newer designs have come out (truvelo) which have multiple lenses and a live video camera so they can get more than one lane and as they have infra-red flashes can get you from the front or back.

They're quite rare though so most will never see them.

Yeah, and people on the M'way still do 70 in a 50 and brake when they see them? Do these morons know what "Average" means? They must be making a killing on the M62 going past Bradford, because they go on for miles!

When I got pinged doing 102 I think I got the letter within 2weeks

While on subject we've have a big increase on these mobile van camera's.... Do they really shoot as far as rumoured?

Very sneaky around here for them lately, i don't know why but even on the safest dual carriageways they're making a presence but causing more chaos and severe panic / braking amongst drivers causing a chain effect.

Yeah I've seen a few vans round Brum, but this little Toyota aygo was very sly. Atleast you may notice a big van with a camera, you couldn't see an aygo even if you were in a Toyota garage there that small!!

Yeah I've seen a few vans round Brum, but this little Toyota aygo was very sly. Atleast you may notice a big van with a camera, you couldn't see an aygo even if you were in a Toyota garage there that small!!

You from round brum mate?

Na mate your ok, seems to have been a standard Gatso, they can't measure the speed legally as again at night the flash stuns you, all good buddy :)

I was driving the other night, and spotted a speed camera definitely pointing towards towards my side of traffic on a three lane duel carriage way.

I really wasn't sure of the speed limit, and was pretty confident it was 40.

I looked down at my speedo, I was doing 34.

I looked at the camera, and boom - a really quick, but bright red and front on flash.

Having looked at it, it appears that it was a Truvelo speed camera, which are front facing.

I was heading the wrong way anyway, so turned around in a carpark and went back on myself, looking for speed signs.

It was definitely 40, and when I thought back, I realised that a motorbike had gone past me somewhat faster - having searched on google, apparently this is common on motorbike, because the drivers are fully aware that these cameras take front shots only, and a bike doesn't have a front registration plate.

This happened on Sunday, so I'm still waiting, but I'm almost confident that I'm okay.

If you havent' received a valid NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) within 14 days, you're fine.

by valid; IF ANYTHING is incorrect on it, spellings, name, car reg, road name - send it back to them on the 13th day questioning it, if they return it - it's past the 14 days, and it was never valid as it was inaccurate.

Also; Request details of the latest calibration certificate/report.

You're giving away trade secrets now, that pays for my doughnuts you know. ;)

That's an old pic, we haven't worn white shirts for about 4 years.

You're giving away trade secrets now, that pays for my doughnuts you know. ;)

If I ever meet u Clive I shall buy u 1

If I ever meet u Clive I shall buy u 1

Dash decent of you dear chap. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club