Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change Dash Lights

rybosmasher

hiya am ryan i was just wonderind does anyone know how to change the dash lights like the speedo and reves fuel and temp there all standard green and id like to go blue would it be taking whole dash apart and would it be easy thanx

forgot to mention its a ford focus mk2 1.6 zetec 2006 thanx

i would also like to know how to do this...as i have the blue footwell lights.

It is possible. A member called JohnH has done a guide on this if you search for it.

However, if your no good at soldering, don't even think about it lol.

Some companies do offer this service but can be expensive and also take a while to post your units off to them, then for them to actually do the conversion and post it back to you.

search on google for focus mk 2 dial kits. http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk. thats the website i got mine from and the new kit comes with fitting instructions. Ive got a mk 6 fiesta 03 plate and it was easy to change and looks great. When i figure out how to upload pictures on this i'll post some :) hope this helps

• Like 1

thanks all for the advice i been looking trying to work it out my self i think i worked out how to get to it n the screws and yer i thought they would prob come with a manual bt i wo guna buy of eBay i mainly just wanted to know how easy it would be and soldering thought it would just be unplug and plug new ones in am not bad at soldering but didnt thing it would be needed and millsy1 one i worked out if you put your stearing wheel down then the plastic bit ontop of where wheel is just clips off then there are your star screws i have not got any further as i havent got new dials yet but hope it helps

To change the illumination colour of your dials it would involve stripping down you instrument cluster, removing the original bulbs and soldering in blue LEDs.

See this guide here:

If your not experienced with soldering though don't even attempt it as if you screw it up it will mean buying a new cluster from ford at the price of around 700quid.

As I said though there are companies on the net that will do this conversion for you for a price. But it obviously means you won't be able to use your car for about a week while you post your unit to them, to do the conversion then post it back to you.

from experience the clusters on the foci unlike the fiesta etc are very tempramentle there was a post recently of a guy who fitted the lockwood kit and now the needles wont work properly they are that easy to damage its fine if youre very competent with soldering and electrics if not leave it alone and stick to how it is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club