Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Mods

k13r4n

Ok guys I have seen pics and posts of your mods inside and have become somewhat inspired to do my own so I have come seek advice and your opinion

First of all I'm think red footwell and map lights

Second I'm wanting the area around the sound system wrapped all the way down and past the gearbox/handbrake the silver door panels and the silver on the steering wheel wrapped and probably the silver around the blowers done too I was thinking white/silver carbon fibre as its rarer and I personally think better than the black

I might if I have the correct knowledge put in a second boot light and obv brighter bulbs.

so to wrap these bits can I take each bit out ? If so anybody got a guide for me to do so could you send me a link and let me know what you guys think

Oh ps any other suggestions are welcome

Quoting a wise man here ;)

The ashtray just clips into place under the demister panel and the gear surround on a 2.5 is glued to the upper console piece.

To remove the ashtray unit you'll need to remove the whole upper console piece.

On a mk2 you'd only need to unclip both parts of the gear surround.

I think for your model it's 4 screws at the rear and 2 bolts at the front and the footwell side panels need to come off too but they are one screw each under pop off covers.

Sorry it's more involved than on a mk2.

Taken from one of Oxides threads when he wrapped the same pieces your talking about.

Found here:

As for the second boot light mod it's very easy and well worth it so you can actually see in there at night, and as for which boot bulbs I'd really recommend the LED pads that I have.

As for the foot wells, Oxide can also link you to a good bright red LED that he's already purchased. I think he may have linked it in a fieata club LED discussion. You should also install rear footwell lighting mate really sets the car off and Lennys done a great guide already. Although it is actually very simple.

Have you got an LED ignition barrel yet?

Nope as I don't have 1 I have a POWER (in Jeremy Clarkson style voice) button

As for colours I was thinking red to match the power button cd player screen and the red on the info screen between the gauges

Scroll about half way down this page to Oxides post where he links some good RED leds

I think the eBay listing has ended but the seller would have relisted em n you should be able to click to the new listing.

I can't do this right now as I'm on my phones net lol that's why it's taking me ages to go off n find the threads.

Another small interior mod, how about the custom heating controls that we all have lol? You can get different colours round the edges so you could get silver to match the carbon wrap or think you can get red to match the footwells

Having the red submarine lights looks really good with the power button and red glow from the dials/stereo. If I had footwell sockets in mine I would put some red bulbs in there too.

For the radio surround carbon wrapping is good but for me seems a bit pointless as you won't be able to do the heated screen buttons

Quoting a wise man here ;)

More of a lucky thicko actually :D

I have gone for blue courtesy and footwell the same as Brigante but has anyone considered green to match up with the radio and instrument readout?

And can you get green anyway?

I've seen green knocking about. May look good. I'm upgrading my stereo next month though n i'll be setting the illumination on it to blue to match me footwells etc.

More of a lucky thicko actually :D

Was gonna say daft old git but that that be a bit mean.. ;)

Having the red submarine lights looks really good with the power button and red glow from the dials/stereo. If I had footwell sockets in mine I would put some red bulbs in there too.

For the radio surround carbon wrapping is good but for me seems a bit pointless as you won't be able to do the heated screen buttons

Ahh this is where my work is good as I can get the vinyl printed to match the chosen vinyl then print the symbols over that then laminate them cut out a rectangle for the amber light then should fit on top nicely.

I have gone for blue courtesy and footwell the same as Brigante but has anyone considered green to match up with the radio and instrument readout?

And can you get green anyway?

I imagine you could but my car is red not green lightning will try get a pic up to show you all

Was gonna say daft old git but that that be a bit mean.. ;)

I'm not biting today.

I'm not biting today.

Oh come on don't be such a bore !

Lol don't start him off mate.

Anyway, you got any more mod ideas? Thought about new pedals? Anythin in my thread take your fancy?

I'm in a happy place, I am warm and comfortable, I am among friends, I am safe.

;)

Pedals sound good and I really like lennys twin exhausts but don't fancy trying that and Wats the mist washers like

I'm getting a duplex exhaust when funds allow but its a bit low down on the mods to do list lol. Get some aluminium pedals like me, Clive n Steve. Only about 15quid n look that much better so its a really effective cheap mod.

Mist washer jets are a great little mod too and safer when driving at night but recently quadrupled in price. Still worth it though.

Yeah think I will get the pedals and do they clip over the top or do I have to drill holes

I'm thinking what would look better red or silver pedals

The ones we got theres no drilling, the brake and clutch pedals completely replace the existing ones. The accelerator pedal fits over the existing pedal. The pedals I'm on about look like the ST pedals.

Yes, the standard accelerator pedal is just bare plastic and the alloy pedal set has three rubber covers and as Charlie says the brake and clutch pedal rubbers swap for the high grip ones and the alloy covers go over the top of all three.

It looks very smart with footwell lights.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club