Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

KillSwitch

(2003) Mk6 Key Coding Problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i got FOB uncoded and a new blade cut, i have 2 other keys coded to my car that i used to try and code this new FOB key,

when u do the coding bit and put the new key in to be coded it does not code right, it will start the engine ( the red light still stays on ) untill u take the key out then it dont work agen, but it opens and closes the doors. ( not remotely )

i dont understand whats going wrong, if it was not coding AT ALL surely it wouldnt even start the engine ?

shes a "2003 Fiesta Finesse"

I might be wrong, but I thought the procedure to code the remote does just that. It doesn't code the imbolizer chip built into the key.

What I beleive is happening is that you are putting the old key in and turning the ignition on, then inserting the new key and coding the remote. The imobilzer will stay "live" for a short while (Around 2 minutes on my old Pug!), then cut off. This is why it works at first but then packs up.

Hope it helps