Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 Zetec Or 1.6 Zetec S?

ChillyWilly

I've had a Megane Coupe for the last 14 years, but I'm looking to replace it and have decided on a Fiesta. I'm looking at something around 2 or 3 years old and either the 1.4 Zetec or 1.6 Zetec S, but am struggling on which one. Has anyone had experience of both?

I'm naturally leaning towards the 1.6 S due to looks and performance, but quite a few reviews I've seen say that the 1.4 is the pick of the range. What are the real world acceleration and handling differences between the two? I'm just a bit concerned that if I went for the 1.4 I'd miss the extra oomph and overtaking ability.

Any thoughts or advice?

Cheers!

Zetec S all the way. If you get it you'll never wish you had the 1.4

Get the 1.4 however and you'll always wish you had the Zetec S ;)

Tbh I'd say 1.6 titanium , you get better spec and also the looks!

You don't get the looks on the Titanium unless you have the dress up kit!

Depends a bit on the kind of driving you do as well. I went from a 1.4 TJet 150bhp Fiat Bravo to my Fiesta Titanium 1.4. At first it did feel much slower but after a while I got used to it. Just lacks a bit of the extra oomph when going up hills but fine for cruising along and I enjoy the fuel savings!

Not much difference between the two with regards to mpg and the 1.6 feels a lot quicker than the specs. Don't forget it's not just the kit and bigger wheels either, there is sports seats and suspension as well. Only negative is the insurance will be higher with the zetec s.

• 2 weeks later...

Defo the Zetec S.

love the looks, suspension is firmer but still not hard and engine comes alive the more its revved. Economy good too. Plus its nice to have something thats looks a bit different from normal Fiestas.

More than happy with 1600s i thought the suspension maybe a bit to firm for me (as im getting on a bit) however no problems at all (previous car Focus 2.0tdci Titanium) 1600s all round nice car.