1 reply to this topic

#1 fasty

fasty

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hi Folks,

I've driven a succession of Peugeots througout my life, but I'm finally being tempted to join the Fiesta club after looking at the specs for the 2013 models, especially the Titanium 1.0 litre EcoBoost 125. I want great economy but with decent performance potential, so that model looked just the job.
I was excited when my local dealer suggested that they should have demonstrators available from December 2012, but today a London dealer told me that ther new Fiestas had been delayed until February 2013!
Does anyone know the facts? If it's been delayed, I wonder why?
What is the general opinion, is it risky buying a car with such a new high-tech engine, or have they already learned enough through the similar Focus application to mitigate the risks?

All constructive feedback much appreciated!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

The delay is probably down to ford shutting down various factories around Britain and Europe as for the ecoboost engine it will have been well tested before they released it its been fitted to the focus for the past 6 months or so and don't think there's been any problems and as they are now doing bigger displacement versions for the zs st and upcoming rs (I think) oh and the formula for race car has it I should think people would be complaining by now if they were rubbish

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users