#1 Blueclarkey

Blueclarkey

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: focus zetec s

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi all,

My Bday coming up and the Mrs gas said she will buy me something for my motor..........i am after changing the bonnet lip trim on my focus from silver to black or carbon fibre (although im not very handy with a spray can so cant sprsy it myself)

I have found these on the net, can someone advise me which is the best option and if this is a wise way of spending the money....

http://www.teamtorqu...p-moulding.html

http://www.teamtorqu...bonnet-lip.html

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41600f9e87

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Scoobimax

Scoobimax

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

You've more money than sense if you're seriously considering either of those last 2 links. I'd still splutter at the cost of the first link, but I am a tight arsed northern oik ;-)

#3 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Mate save yourself a shed load of money and wrap it yourself.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c630d1f88

8quid for a massive roll. It's relatively easy to do.

The third you linked is just carbon wrapped exactly the same and doesn't at all justify the 100quid price on it.

The second one you linked has just been hydro dipped. it looks better but it's still a relatively cheap process to do.

There are companies on ebay that you can send your parts to, they will hydro dip it and post it back to you.

For example, I was quoted under 200quid to carbon dip my head unit surround, gear leaver surround, demister switch surround, garage door and steering wheel inserts. I think they said they would dip all that for around 165quid.

So still less than 200quid just for a dipped bonnet lip.

Still though I reckon you should just give wrapping your bonnet lip yourself ago. Plenty of fellow members have done it.

#4 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Brigante (Charlie) beat me to it, exactly what he said, save yourself the cash and buy something else.

#5 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Brigante (Charlie) beat me to it, exactly what he said, save yourself the cash and buy something else.

Brigante strikes again :lol:

On an after note mate, just looked at the first link you posted again. The lip in the photo is not what you would receive, it says the one in the photo has been sprayed in panther black, but what you would actually be buying, is an unpainted, primed only lip. Which you would then have to go and get sprayed anyway.

So basically no point to it at all when you've already got your own lip that can be painted.

So still your best option is buy an 8quid roll of carbon wrap and wrap it yourself. There is a guide on the forums for removing the lip then its just a case of warming the wrap with a hairdryer and wrapping your lip then refitting it.

Or you could send it off to a company to be hydrodipped, probably for around the 30quid mark.

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,422 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

I will have a spare chrome one at the end of the month if anyone is interested to take it for any purpose.
Off a 2010 mk2.5 as I bought a primed one off dealers on ebay for 10pounds cheaper than teamtorquesteere

Posted Image

#7 Blueclarkey

Blueclarkey

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: focus zetec s

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I will have a spare chrome one at the end of the month if anyone is interested to take it for any purpose.
Off a 2010 mk2.5 as I bought a primed one off dealers on ebay.

Posted Image

Ill take it off ur hands, how much did you pay for a prined one of ebay, what are you looking to do spray it same colour as car

#8 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,422 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Ill take it off ur hands, how much did you pay for a prined one of ebay, what are you looking to do spray it same colour as car

Cool.
I'll send it to you for 10 pounds to cover postage.
PM me your address and I'll send you my paypal address, when I get it removed in one piece in the coming weeks
Ive left the primed one in body shop to be colour coded along with some other pieces.
I bought it from valeautospares through ebay for 27 pounds they are a registerd ford dealership.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users