Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Starting Issues

LesJohnson

Can someone please help me?

I have a 2008 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi Zetec and am finding it increasingly difficult to start first thing. When I turn the key (after the glow plug light goes out) the engine almost turns over but doesn't start. WHen I turn the key on the second attempt it usually starts, and then for the rest of the day it does start first time. However, when it's cold and I try to start first thing in the morning it takes 3 or 4 attempts before it starts!

The garage I bought it from had the car for several days and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it (although to be honest I'm not sure they know what they're doing!)

I am worried that this may be something that could be worse if I don't get it looked at by another garage but it would help if I had an idea of what was causing this so I can tell the garage what to look for.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Thank you in advance.

Similar problem I had on a diesel van. Could it be glow plugs? I do know they wear out and when I had mine replaced it started like a dream.

Wrong section. Better ask a mod to move this into the Mondeo section. You'll get more answers there.

Glow plugs.

Sounds like it my old works van would not fire in a morning but new glow plugs cured it.