Photo

All new Focus Titanium, Heated mirrors/jets, Homesafe lights are they standard? Side Plastic Wing Mirror panel query...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simba

simba

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Titanium - Ocean Blue
Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

I was reading up on some about some features of my car (1.8 Tdci 2008 'all new focus'), and noticed I should have Homesafe lights, Heated water jets and mirros as standard - i think the mirrors are fine as i remember the snow disappearing off them quick. As for the heated jets, they have frozen many times - i.e. started off fine but froze up during motorway driving. Also according to the spec its meant to have Homesafe lights as standard also, but when i lock the car, i never seen the headlights on then auto off...am i missing this feature...can it be enabled??

I thought those features were standard.....hmm? ideas?

Also, the centre console (arm rest bit) has come loose, i noticed the bold at the side has gone slack......wonder how that happened. And finally, the plastic side panels (the big triangle plastic bits) near the wing mirrors, i noticed these stick out and are 'pressable', i.e. if u press them in they move in quite a bit because they stick out by default. I wonder if this is causing some road/wind noise on the motorway.

Going to have all this looked when it goes in for repair after the incident linked here

I valuve all your comments - thanks!

simba

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hi mate, welcome. The heated washer jets only come on with the rear windscreen demister as do the mirror heaters. I personally dont think they are faulty, the jets probably arent frozen. The screen wash is probably freezing in the rubber pipe that goes behind the bonnet and fire blanket. Not 100% sure on the Mk2.5 mirror fixings but on the Mk1 theres only 1 bolt holding them to the car so its plausable yours are just poor fitting. Certainly worth mentioning when it goes in to be sorted though.

#3 simba

simba

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Titanium - Ocean Blue
Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

Hi mate, welcome. The heated washer jets only come on with the rear windscreen demister as do the mirror heaters. I personally dont think they are faulty, the jets probably arent frozen. The screen wash is probably freezing in the rubber pipe that goes behind the bonnet and fire blanket. Not 100% sure on the Mk2.5 mirror fixings but on the Mk1 theres only 1 bolt holding them to the car so its plausable yours are just poor fitting. Certainly worth mentioning when it goes in to be sorted though.

thanks for the reply mate :)

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

No problem pal.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users