Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All new Focus Titanium, Heated mirrors/jets, Homesafe lights are they standard? Side Plastic Wing Mirror panel query...

simba

I was reading up on some about some features of my car (1.8 Tdci 2008 'all new focus'), and noticed I should have Homesafe lights, Heated water jets and mirros as standard - i think the mirrors are fine as i remember the snow disappearing off them quick. As for the heated jets, they have frozen many times - i.e. started off fine but froze up during motorway driving. Also according to the spec its meant to have Homesafe lights as standard also, but when i lock the car, i never seen the headlights on then auto off...am i missing this feature...can it be enabled??

I thought those features were standard.....hmm? ideas?

Also, the centre console (arm rest bit) has come loose, i noticed the bold at the side has gone slack......wonder how that happened. And finally, the plastic side panels (the big triangle plastic bits) near the wing mirrors, i noticed these stick out and are 'pressable', i.e. if u press them in they move in quite a bit because they stick out by default. I wonder if this is causing some road/wind noise on the motorway.

Going to have all this looked when it goes in for repair after the incident linked here

I valuve all your comments - thanks!

simba

Hi mate, welcome. The heated washer jets only come on with the rear windscreen demister as do the mirror heaters. I personally dont think they are faulty, the jets probably arent frozen. The screen wash is probably freezing in the rubber pipe that goes behind the bonnet and fire blanket. Not 100% sure on the Mk2.5 mirror fixings but on the Mk1 theres only 1 bolt holding them to the car so its plausable yours are just poor fitting. Certainly worth mentioning when it goes in to be sorted though.

Hi mate, welcome. The heated washer jets only come on with the rear windscreen demister as do the mirror heaters. I personally dont think they are faulty, the jets probably arent frozen. The screen wash is probably freezing in the rubber pipe that goes behind the bonnet and fire blanket. Not 100% sure on the Mk2.5 mirror fixings but on the Mk1 theres only 1 bolt holding them to the car so its plausable yours are just poor fitting. Certainly worth mentioning when it goes in to be sorted though.

thanks for the reply mate :)

• 5 years later...

The heated washer jets actually come on with the heated front screen. Not back

I was reading up on some about some features of my car (1.8 Tdci 2008 'all new focus'), and noticed I should have Homesafe lights, Heated water jets and mirros as standard

Hi,

If you have a heated front screen you have heated washer jets, these are activated when you switch the heated front screen on (left hand button of the 2).

For the Homesafe lights these are not automatic, to use this function, once you have turned off the engine and taken your key out pull the left hand stork towards you and the headlights will come on for about 30-45 seconds.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club