Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Not really my type of music there Lenny ;)
This is the last song I downloaded to play for my journey to work tomorrow.
 ]

Yes tune!!
Glad you saw the funny side I intended the other one to be mate.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#167 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yes tune!!
Glad you saw the funny side I intended the other one to be mate.

I thought so too Lenny. To each their own taste but that would definitely not end up in my playlist anytime soon.

Btw, how is the car treating ya? Drove my wife's Seat Leon a few weeks back and realised how much more comfortable the Focus is as a daily driver. Thought about your car and the new lowered suspension and 18'' rims.

#168 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

I thought so too Lenny. To each their own taste but that would definitely not end up in my playlist anytime soon.

Btw, how is the car treating ya? Drove my wife's Seat Leon a few weeks back and realised how much more comfortable the Focus is as a daily driver. Thought about your car and the new lowered suspension and 18'' rims.

Its going great thanks mate lowering and fatter tyres has made it much more fun to drive,
And the new set up is capable of handling more than my engine can throw at it so its safer too,
The low profile tyres and 8" wide makes it very easy to handle at high speed also the lowered body reduces the heavy nose making it easier to throw in to corners at speed as well as accelerating out of bends,
The feedback from the road has increased slightly but the ride is still comfortable,
I avoid back roads in fear of buckling a rim and take speed ramps at 10mph but I've never scuffed it to date,
Lowering has raised the nose and dropped the rear leveling the sills

#169 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

That sounds awesome! Looks the business as well. Don't think I will be upgrading the rims any time soon. Next on my list is most probably getting the whole car sound proofed with Dynamat. I realised now with my longer journeys to work that I want a quieter cabin to appreciate the music. Performance upgrades will have to wait until parts of the car need to be replaced and that is not going to happen any time soon hopefully. 

Do you know anywhere in Ireland that sells Dynamat by any chance Lenny?

#170 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

sounds awesome! Looks the business as well. Don't think I will be upgrading the rims any time soon. Next on my list is most probably getting the whole car sound proofed with Dynamat. I realised now with my longer journeys to work that I want a quieter cabin to appreciate the music. Performance upgrades will have to wait until parts of the car need to be replaced and that is not going to happen any time soon hopefully. 

Do you know anywhere in Ireland that sells Dynamat by any chance Lenny?

Thanks mate'
You should blank your EGR valve you will save on fuel and cleaner oil, costs less than 10euro too,

The only place I know in Ireland selling Dynamat is Halfords and they probably charge a fortune for it,
If I was you I'd try WWW.caraudiodirect.co.UK
Dynamat kits are light so shipping should be Farley cheap,
Fitting a polystirene boot storage kit from ford that stores the full size spare wheel reduices noise inside the car too,
Also have you fitted an engine cover ? It also makes the engine quieter both inside and outside the car,
If interested in a full size spare kit I'll sell my boot kit including wheel and specific boot carpet,
In exchange for a space saver, standard boot carpet and 120euro
The full kit costs over 350euro from ford excluding tyre and is in excellent condition.
Not pushed on selling but if your ever looking to purchase, I've got it in the attic

#171 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

The EGR mod is something I have considered but I am still unsure about it. My mechanical skills are not that great but I do have all the tools at home. Might just get it and see how I get along with it. What are the benefits of having the EGR blanked? What are the actual real world benefits of having it as I know you done the mod to your car?

As for the spare and boot kit, I have the spare saver tyre in the car and happy enough with it. The engine came with a cover and you are definitely right about the noise levels being reduced with it on. 

Plan is to get the underside of the bonnet, all four doors, firewall, floor, roof, under the back seats, boot lid and boot floor totally covered in Dynamat at some stage to reduce the noise levels inside the cabin. There is another member here that did it to his MK2 and it does make the car a lot quieter. Read a lot about Dynamat and other noise barriers. So far the cheapest I got was €160 to get it shipped over with a roller for 9 sheets of Dynamat Extreme kit. 

If anyone knows of a place online where it was cheaper, would greatly appreciate the links. Thanks

#172 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

The EGR mod is something I have considered but I am still unsure about it. My mechanical skills are not that great but I do have all the tools at home. Might just get it and see how I get along with it. What are the benefits of having the EGR blanked? What are the actual real world benefits of having it as I know you done the mod to your car?

As for the spare and boot kit, I have the spare saver tyre in the car and happy enough with it. The engine came with a cover and you are definitely right about the noise levels being reduced with it on. 
Plan is to get the underside of the bonnet, all four doors, firewall, floor, roof, under the back seats, boot lid and boot floor totally covered in Dynamat at some stage to reduce the noise levels inside the cabin. There is another member here that did it to his MK2 and it does make the car a lot quieter. Read a lot about Dynamat and other noise barriers. So far the cheapest I got was €160 to get it shipped over with a roller for 9 sheets of Dynamat Extreme kit. 

If anyone knows of a place online where it was cheaper, would greatly appreciate the links. Thanks

Advantages of egr blanking from my experience is
Cleaner oil because waste gases are not been recirculated for combustion
Shorter spooling time on turbo due to 100% of waste gases being sent through the exhaust
This means less pushing on accelerator making your economy rise,
Currently getting 61.6Mpg

#173 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

That is some good results for such a simple mod. Might be tempted to get it done since the weather has been so nice here. The guide you made is very comprehensible and easy to follow. Cheer Lenny

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users